Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New dreads, not covering the back of my head?

Amanda Romz
@amanda-romz
12 years ago
3 posts

I just did my dreads last night using the twist and rip method. And I know they're brand new and once I let them do they're thing they will probably be fine. but the back of my head is looking a little...dread free lol. I have about 35 dreads right now, and not many of them are going right to the back of my head.
I didn't really use any special sectioning method, so I'm guessing this is why. I'm just wondering if eventually they will fill in the back, because they are there, just not going to the back.
Or should I take some out and re section them?

updated by @amanda-romz: 01/13/15 09:31:44PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea from the description i cant figure out 3what you mean at all haha

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Romz
@amanda-romz
12 years ago
3 posts

haha, i'll get a picture in a minute. but a lot of the dreads are just like turned away from the back of my head, and positioning themselves to the sides. there's maybe 4 or 5 hanging straight towards the back. most of them are turning though and falling to the sides.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ah thats ok they will settle in where they want its probly cause u were pulling hem forward to tnr

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Romz
@amanda-romz
12 years ago
3 posts

that's what I figured(: I just wanted to be sure. thank you!

Heidi Wright
@heidi-wright
12 years ago
9 posts

Honestly, most of them will fall out and redread naturally. That is what mine did, even when I let them kind of section by themselves before I did TNR. I thought I'd be smart about it. Haha. I guess my hair was smarter. I only have about 3 in the very front that stayed TNR and they are in there very tight and not going anywhere. I have to say that for every TNR that we did they separated themselves out to about 3 thinner sections each. They are very thin, but I know they will thicken with time and they cover much more of my head.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form