Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Blunted Tips

Cassie3
@cassie3
12 years ago
3 posts
I know that some people don't like blunted tips because they sometimes hold in water or aren't natural or for any other reason but I'm pretty dead-set on getting them. I absolutely love the way they look and my hair is straight at the tips now and pretty loose. I was wandering what's the best way to go about getting them and how long should I wait after just twisting and ripping my dreads to give them blunted tips? Not looking for an argument, just some tips or suggestions.
updated by @cassie3: 01/13/15 09:31:19PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

You'll have to wait till they are fully mature before you blunt the tips. You need the rest of the hair to be firmly in place and know that it wont untangle. If you do it in the beginning stages, you will just have loose tips again because the sections came undone, like thy will for months and months. In about a year, you should be mature enough to know that your locks are not going anywhere. But then you might not want to blunt them. You might have grown to like it.

That said, I blunted 1 to see what would happen. I hated it. I still haven't tried to brush it out, but I will probably one of these days. Many of mine blunted on their own. They now take about 8 hours longer to dry that they did when they were loose.

I took a pair of grooming scissors and snipped off the wispy ends. In a few weeks the few loose hairs left matted and got sucked into the body of the lock. It looks fully blunted now. And no damage was done. But I waited 6 years to do this. You'll have to wait at least a full year

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just wait they may hblunt on their own your only 2 weeks in its way too early to be orried boiy=ut that

on anothrer forum everyone was all into blunt tips and made me freel lil self consouse about my loose tips so i tried the rubbing the tip on the palm thing and imediately hated it wished i never did it thbey didnt blunt eithdr but just the rubbing on the palm i could eee damaging the hair and making the tips look frayed an d damaged

but that is the least damaging way to do jt but takes a hell of alot of rubbing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I tried that too, Eagle. And a lot for a while. It did nothing. Like you said. All I saw was frayed cricknled tips that never blunted

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

im with baba on this, i hate it too, when the rest of my hair stops dripping and i feel the blunt tips you can feel water stuck there. cassie you wont get blunt tips, even if you they will get undone so dont waste your time.

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
I think the hair type and texture has a lot to do with it.My hair is pretty curly and I'm only 3 months in with my TnR and already half of my 54 dreads are already blunted on their own. And I can't undo them unlike I take a scissor to them, which I absolutely won't. But as I said, I think my crls had to do with it.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Could be. Some locks just blunt on their own. If you could gently brush them loose, I'd recommend it. But like you said, if you would have to take scissors to them, then just let them be and be careful with how you dry

Joey5
@joey5
12 years ago
83 posts
Oh, I've tried combing them out, but they wanna stay. So I'll let them be, Jaja.

Baba Fats said:

Could be. Some locks just blunt on their own. If you could gently brush them loose, I'd recommend it. But like you said, if you would have to take scissors to them, then just let them be and be careful with how you dry

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form