Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

PHOTO UPDATE!! 8MONTHS!! Pg. 1 Miracle grow! Their Multiplying- Backcombe

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Basically I just wanted to share this because im blumin excited.so today (29/07) is the 4mth mark

I started with a little bacombing (only ever doneonce)and had 27 sections. I counted today and I have 45 dreads!! There is still alot of loose hair but only a couple of sections have only a couple of knots holding them together. The others are doing really well. I am still completley fasinated that hair does this like it just knows how to go into locks on its own. people I chat to are fascinated also and many ask how my hair is doing.

I have been washing with BS/ ACV but am thinking about changing to Dr Bronners soon as I find the BS iritates my skin.

So finally here is some pics 1st 3 pics are from the 1st day the rest are from now.

Day 1

4mnths

little natural dread oh so squiggly :D

Messy Nestie!

Lots of loose hairs flying around, i need toseparateoften.

Back shot not as much going on as the front and sides.

some of myfavourites!

5 months update 02/09/12

Going good so far, front and side shots

This one is the Problem fattie dread root

**6 Month Update** 30/09/12

finally got this up. :) My dreads are coming along, definitely in the messy stage! Love it!! And love that all I have to do is wash and separate. Added some more beads in the back today. Its difficult to sometimes see others on here and in like a 5 months they seem to have progressed tons, but my journey is special as I is my own. And I love it that the niggly thoughts about combing have loooooong gone! Im in this for the long haul now. So anyhow here's a few pics to show what my dreads are upto. took out the previous wrap too, it'd been there a while and was not dreaded in except for the top, definatley made that strand pretty thin, im hoping it fattens up a little bit. :D

8 month update 03/01/13- stopped the BS/ACV wash for a couple of months due to scalp issues and hard water, so switched to faith in nature liquid tea tree shampoo. progress seems to still be happening, although a lot slower that it used too with BS wash. so heres a few pic. camera quality not great.

im gonna have ear length dreads i reckon after all the shrinkage.

I have quite a few dreads that are like this at the ends.

getting alot more progress at the back now!

updated by @christina-popejoy: 02/14/15 08:50:07AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i constantly find new dread every week

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Claire Wilson
@claire-wilson
12 years ago
23 posts

I'd love to see some pics!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

That is exciting! Can't wait to see this.

christina popejoy
@christina-popejoy
12 years ago
91 posts

Thanks for your comments guys! Hope you like the pics sorry its taken me sooooo long to add them.

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

They are looking great!! You are very pretty :D

I wish I could find somewhere around me that has dread beads :/

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Yes, your hair looks great!

@Mama, you don't have a local craft store?

☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

@ Valrie , we have Michaels right by my house but I've checked there twice and they have no beads that would work. I was told to try Joann Fabrics or even the ethnic section in Sally's Beauty Supply but those aren't within walking distance from me. I'll get there eventually (:

Myschyf
@myschyf
12 years ago
115 posts
The glass / metal beads she has in her hair I've seen in the jewlery section of michaels by me (avid crafter!) they are meant for those memory bracelets and such. The hole is nice and big because they are meant to slip over rope chain bracelets. I'd look again, or even at the (Bum bum BUM!) Walmart in the craft section. But I'm sure you will run into them once you know what your looking for. If you need pics lemme know ill walk over and a pic at my hobby lobby. :)
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

REALLY?! Maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough.. My son distracts me so much that I do overlook things easily :P That would be great if you could go to Michaels and snap a few pictures for me!!! The ones I looked at had tiny tiny holes ):

Jennifer spears said:

The glass / metal beads she has in her hair I've seen in the jewlery section of michaels by me (avid crafter!) they are meant for those memory bracelets and such. The hole is nice and big because they are meant to slip over rope chain bracelets . I'd look again, or even at the (Bum bum BUM!) Walmart in the craft section. But I'm sure you will run into them once you know what your looking for. If you need pics lemme know ill walk over and a pic at my hobby lobby. :)
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form