Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Makes me pissed, people i thought were my friends...

Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
Freshman year i made friends with this kid named Will, he was a really good friend. We played guitar hero together and even did our community service together for school. we hungout and talked an stuff. Ever since i started dreading he has been talking shit to me. Its only for the sake of what was our friendship that i havent knocked his ignorant lights out. Day in and day out all i hear from is *ur hair is f***** disgusting, *u look like a retard * do u ever wash ur hair. I told him i wash my hair and he continues to yell comments about me being unclean. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i swear ima beat his pussy ass one of these days. I get insulted on a daily basis by random people, i should be able to count on my friends. Ive already lost several friends because they couldnt accept me. I found my only true friends were my friends i skate with, smoke with, and other dreadies. My own family calls me mon and bugs me about my hair. U know what i say, F**** them all. Anyone here had any similar experiences in their journey?
updated by @blonde-dready: 02/14/15 07:36:41AM
GratefulNick
@gratefulnick
15 years ago
155 posts
I think having dreads has taught me to be more patient and to just let insults roll off my back. One of my friends wishes she could dread her hair, but its that whole Mom vs daughter + her boyfriend said he would dump her if she dreaded her hair. I feel bad for her but she's not a do it person, shes an I wish person. I get more grief from people in bars then my family or friends.Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind dont matter and those who matter don't mind- dr suess
Cello.
@cello
15 years ago
14 posts
Yeah man. People say stupid shit to me all the time. Everyone assumes dreads are dirty and nasty. Just yesterday, this kid was like, 'her hair is dirty, like she has dreads or something' right in front of me. I never say anything, because I know my hair isn't dirty. Plus I get really tired of explaining to people how it's clean and it works cause it takes like 20 minutes and then they are like, 'uhhh, well taht's still gross.'
Angel
@angel
15 years ago
77 posts
That kinda sucks, that's why I dont have "friends" if you want to call them that. They are just individuals I talk to from time to time. I've never had a best friend, so when I get married I'm going to be the best man haha. I understand where your coming from he should be the last one having dumb comments and stuff, since he is your friend. As for your family there isn't much you can do about that.When I first back combed my hair the guys at work started saying "your puerto rican, you are not jamaican" I just laughed.. now they call me rasta, Bob marley's son and a lot of funny stuff. Because if you let them know it bothers you, you are now a victim.If he keeps on keeping on, give him a warning. That if he keeps with his smart remarks you will Mike Tyson his rump, haha.
Jessica
@jessica
15 years ago
70 posts
your going to get a lot of people saying both nice and mean things to you. You have to be stronger then that and just brush it off. A lot of people just don't understand it all. Don't even respond to the mean people. If they were your friends they would not care what your hair looked like... thats messed up. I've never lost a friend because of hair but if it were to happen i would definitely choose my hair over a friend because they obviously aren't a good friend. Things will get better! Just do what you believe in and it will all work out;
Lonnie Berg
@lonnie-berg
15 years ago
219 posts
I have to agree with everyone else also, theres always people who don't understand and theyre gonna try to push your buttons about it, if you let them as it seems you have then you're just playing into their game. Dont let that happen. Someone said in a post a while back that dreads are an asshole sifter, theyll let you know who your real friends are.On another note, next time you post a blog or discussion please leave the F words out. We have a lot of women and couples on this forum and dont want anyone to be offended by bad language, I'm sure your feelings can be expressed without using profanity.Like SE says the rules are summed up in one word Respect!
Jo
@jo
15 years ago
176 posts
I think alot of ppl are ignorant to the consequences of their words. I know some ppl will poke fun, just to talk. Because they have nothing else to say. My dad does this because we have nothing in common and he never knows what to say, so he pokes fun at me. Not thinking that it hurts my feelings. People are kinda slow sometimes.
Tanner Bonsie
@tanner-bonsie
15 years ago
20 posts
yea i have the same thing happen to me man. it deffinatly sucks. but i agree it does make you more patient and really raelize who is your firend and who isn't. my family does the same shit say i can't make it or what ever. haha yea my gf said she'd leave me. and i just go do it if my hair actually bothers you enough to the point after what we went through or what ever i can't remember along those lines lol. but she never left lol. bbut just hang in there
William
@william
15 years ago
15 posts
I've learned to ignore the comments about the hair and everything else... When people do make comments and such it kinda makes me feel good that i'm not apart of "THAT" anymore. They just don't "GET IT". We are all on another page completely. Be at peace and be happy... don't ever give back the negative vibes.
Blonde Dready
@blonde-dready
15 years ago
84 posts
sorry bout the F bombs, i was extremely angry when i wrote this post. Ima try to edit it Lonnie Berg said:
I have to agree with everyone else also, theres always people who don't understand and theyre gonna try to push your buttons about it, if you let them as it seems you have then you're just playing into their game. Dont let that happen. Someone said in a post a while back that dreads are an asshole sifter, theyll let you know who your real friends are.
On another note, next time you post a blog or discussion please leave the F words out. We have a lot of women and couples on this forum and dont want anyone to be offended by bad language, I'm sure your feelings can be expressed without using profanity.
Like SE says the rules are summed up in one word Respect!
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form