Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What's Up?

August West2
@august-west2
12 years ago
10 posts

What's up i'm new here and just wanted to say hello. I'm not very computer savvy, i'm a low tech guy in a high tech world, so bare with me. I heard about this site through Vikki at Dreadlock Shampoo and i'm glad she recommended it to me. Everybody here seems so friendly and positive which is hard to find these days.

I've been dreading for 12 years i guess you could say. I had to cut my dreads a few years back because of hard times and having to take a job that was not tolerant of dreads nor respectful to the reasons i dread. After a long bumpy journey i made a promise to myself to never allow this to happen again because dreads are a part of me, so i started my second set.

My first set was a mix of back combing and natural. The first few dreads I started out back combing but didn't like the few that were done so i let the rest dread naturally. My second set is all natural and i'm not sure how long they have been going maybe 3-4 months give or take i would guess???? after my last experience with natural dreads my impatience drove me crazy so with my second set i told my self i was gonna forget about time and just worry about when i need to wash my hair and i have to say my nerves are much better and it is rewarding when one pops up. I don't plan on fully dreading but leaving some room for Celtic braids like my family has worn for years.

anyways hello!

updated by @august-west2: 01/13/15 09:31:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats awesome best way to approach the journey ..forget about time and concentrate on washing..

if thatas all you do the time seems to fly by

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
August West2
@august-west2
12 years ago
10 posts

Yep, just wash when needed and try to tame the big ones, but the big dreads that eat small dreads hasn't been an issue this time around. They have sectioned them selves off into the perfect sized sections for me and they are not eating each other. Which is much different than my last experience where i was constantly separating on a daily basis, but things could change as they develop more.

Patience has been very rewarding.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form