Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Whats up!

George Fisher
@george-fisher
15 years ago
10 posts
whats happening guys. I'm George, i'm 18 and from south east england, im doing a course on media production at a college in London.I really want to grow my hair and start dreading, but ive yet to decide on the best method for my hair. at the moment its quite short, so i obviously need to grow it first.any tips?cheers guys x
updated by @george-fisher: 01/13/15 08:29:02PM
D!
@d
15 years ago
44 posts
Throw away your comb, quit conditioning your hair, and don't cut you hair( you can wash your hair every couple of days)... It is as easy as that. Your hair won't start locking until it is over a couple inches long but give it time and you'll have locks before you know it.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
yeah, you can start by rendering your comb obsolete =)as time goes on if and you have longer hair you can always decide 2 go with a different method, just remember no matter what stay patient
George Fisher
@george-fisher
15 years ago
10 posts
yeah i know its going to be a long process! and im not expecting miracles super quick so im prepared to remain patient.i don't really comb my hair anyway because its always been fairly short, but when it gets longer it is quite curly so hopefully that will help? is there a certain soap or shampoo i should be using when i wash my hair to help the process?thanks for your feedback!
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
oh yeah definitely, my hair was (insert noun for very) curly to the point i got sick of it,it will make your hair dread alot easiercheck the backcombing group discussion How Long? and go to the last few responses, curly hair *if you backcomb* teases very easy and will dread with alot of ease,as far as the shampooing, you can continue 2 do what your doing for now, if your gonna go natural be sure 2 stop using conditioners immediately, also SE had a great thread about making your own shampoo here http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/super-clean-dreads-safe-for its a great thing 2 invest in, plus you can say u make ur own shampoo! :P
George Fisher
@george-fisher
15 years ago
10 posts
ok sweet! i can't seem to find that discussion could you link it?i also have quite a thick head of hair, i dont know whether this makes any difference? but my hair is thick and full which i hope will be a good thing! the last time i went to the hairdressers he told me that he was jealous, and that i'd never have to worry about going bald! woo
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
ah lucky, yep thats another good thing, thicker= more dreads,I have kinda thin hair, not to the point of balding but its a possibility in my future
George Fisher
@george-fisher
15 years ago
10 posts
well ive uploaded a couple of pictures of my hair as it is now, so if anyone wants to take a look and give me some feedback about whether they think it will dread well eventually, or if ill suit dreads or whatever, that would be much appreciatedcheers x
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form