Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Cleaning gone wrong...HELP!

Deezie Carter
@deezie-carter
12 years ago
2 posts

Hello. I have dreadlocks and did my second ever apple cider vinegar and baking soda rinse today. However, after shampooing three times, there was/is still baking soda in the shaft of the dreads. I tried to get it out but it didn't work. Any ideas on how I could successfully get it out or will it come out by itself over time or what?

updated by @deezie-carter: 01/13/15 09:30:14PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

itrs not baking soda baking soda added to water breaks down into gasses and evaporates so its impossible that its baking soda however it exfoliates turning dead dry skin into a paste wich should rinse away if its loosened enough and your rinse high pressure enough..however

u need to make the bs strong enough to really loosen it up

and

u used wax wax is pure evil in dreads and a huge huge huge miwtke that can cost you your dreads if u dont get it all out which is extremely hard to do

the vinager will help..slightly so maybe what your seeing is the begining of wax rempval but u got to get afgressive to get wax out

undiluted vinager soaks followed by the hottest water u can stand and lots of dawn dish soap and scrubbing like crazy followed by the wax b gone

and keep doing that long afyer u think the wax is gone cause it can surprise u 10 years from now and still be there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Deezie Carter
@deezie-carter
12 years ago
2 posts

umm, no i never used wax to twist my hair

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Thank God I didn't use wax! It's funny too how so many people (friends of mine) that have never had dreads are such "experts" and they all said to use wax!! ha ha ah I am so grateful I found this site!

Deezie, my son has dreads, about 2 months older than mine. He had big, almost giant flake looking things at first. He used the baking soda & ACV about every 2 days and it cleared up pretty quikly! If I remember right, he put some tea tree oil in with the BS wash.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form