Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

chlorine made dreads stiff and hard

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

went swimming the other day and for varius reasons havent had a chance to wash my dreads since..

so today i notice my dreads can stand straight up 3 whole feet.well except for 1 or 2 bendy spots

they also feel very hard..solid and dry i do then wash then vinager soak with some of the oil i got from mary or jojoba if i can find it

nt like the way they feel right now i love my dreads super soft and cuddly

as soon as i get a chance gonna do a strong vinager soak

then wash

then another vinager soak with jojoba or the oils mary made whichever i cn find

i want my soft dreads back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 09:30:10PM
Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

I wondered what effect chlorine would have on them. Good to know.

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

theyreprobablyextra dry. chlorine can remove body hair if left for too. keep us update if the vinegar rinse works. before.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I'd like to know how the vinegar rinse works for you as well. I don't swim in pools much (I'm more of a lazy river floater) but I'm wondering if an de-chlorinating shampoo would do the trick (maybe diluted in water for better distribution?) or even the anti-residue.

MamaDreadhead
@mamadreadhead
12 years ago
4 posts

I've been swimming in my pool a lot and I've been worried about what it is doing to my dreads. I wash them with Dr Bonners and they don't seem to be dry so I don't know.

Amy Jo
@amy-jo
12 years ago
50 posts

Mine are getting really dry from swimming in the ocean. I go 4 or 5 days a week. Today I mixed rosemary oil & lavender oil in a spray bottle of water and misted my hair with it. It did seem to help a little with the dryness. I think tomorrow I'll try adding the oils to the ACV rinse.

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
I knew a guy with dreads who got a job as a swimming instructor and he has blonde hair. Now it's totally green it stinks and he is worried about dread rot. He can't seem to get them dry.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

did he use wax?

tell him to soak his dreads in plain tap water till they are saturated b4 he goes in the pool that way way less chliorine water will get absorbed then ash thouroughly after use a vinager rinse too then dry in the sun if possible

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Idk if he used wax or not, but I'll pass along your advice :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form