Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

NEW TO DREADS! HELP!

Devan Skelton
@devan-skelton
12 years ago
2 posts

I've finally decided to make the leap! Any tips on what to do for starting off? ie: should i go to a salon, or somewhere else, products, etc. i have A LOT of hair and it knots pretty damn well. if i don't brush it at least every other day it will start forming (very ugly, misshapen) natural dreads. thanks for the help guys and looking forward to hearing the responses!

updated by @devan-skelton: 01/13/15 09:29:55PM
Jamison Johnston
@jamison-johnston
12 years ago
16 posts
If you can find it, look at soaring eagles forum on the beauty of natural neglect dreads
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/forum/topics/the-beauty-of-the-early-messy-stage-of-natural-neglect-dreadlocks

it sounds like you have amazing hair for natural. check out the dreaducation tab as well. wash & separate as wanted/needed & you will be well on your way
Jamison Johnston said:

If you can find it, look at soaring eagles forum on the beauty of natural neglect dreads
Devan Skelton
@devan-skelton
12 years ago
2 posts

thanks for the tips guys (: and i would love it if my hair dreaded into separate dreads naturally, but it all just clumps into one massive one (probably because i almost always wear my hair in a messy bun) i'm gunna do some more researching and i think by next week i'm going to start them! i'll keep everyone posted (: have a good one!

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

yeah it's best to wear it loose as much as possible, instead of a bun maybe use a tam or bandana/headband to keep them back/up?

or take it down from teh bun often to pull them apart, wrap some up so they stay separate.

Devan Skelton said:

thanks for the tips guys (: and i would love it if my hair dreaded into separate dreads naturally, but it all just clumps into one massive one (probably because i almost always wear my hair in a messy bun) i'm gunna do some more researching and i think by next week i'm going to start them! i'll keep everyone posted (: have a good one!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form