Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

1 YEAR UPDATE finally! (Pics from before till present)

Egubman
@egubman
12 years ago
46 posts

This is a pic i took while i was still growing my hair, very thick and curly.

still growing!

Then i made a big mistake, went and crocheted, backcombed and "made" dreads (which actually i dont regret, i always like to think positive :) ). Thankfully did not add wax. DAY 1

they look so fake! haha. anyway after almost two months of frequent crocheting i came across this site. Immedeitly i stopped crocheting and just let my hair be. My hair became so frizzy. I followed advice from most expereinced and just didnt care.

this is 1 month after i stopped crocheting (3 months all together)

getting more frizzier! at this point i have take out 3 of the most frizziest dreads completely out cos i was really frustrated with them :S (3 months into crochet recovery, 5 months alltogether)

5 months into crochet recovery (7months all together) things were starting to look alot better. frizz was taming, and i can feel and see that my dreads are being more "naturalized"

And now its been exactly a year, and there is an obvious difference compared to the picture from day 1. They have matured alot and the fake look is fading away.

close up!

There s still more to recover but if it wasnt for this site, i woudve either cut off my dreads by now or i have dreadlocks look a like damaged hair in one place. Thanks to everyone who help me throughout my journey providing valuable info and inspiration.

Lesson learned: from 1 year of experenice...well this cant be stressed upon more, dreads need time time and more time thats all. therers still alot to learn from all of you, i will be around

PEACE!

updated by @egubman: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

wow

kook at the size difference when they recovered

and yea in the 1 pic u can see alot of broken hairs popped out all over

byt niow at a year they look mature butsofter then day 1

u had such awesome hair for natural dreadijng too

let me guess..youtube was responcible for the decision to crochet?

i would gues that would have dreaded in 4 days flat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Egubman
@egubman
12 years ago
46 posts

shit yeah! youtube!

but actually before i got dreads i met a friend of a friend who had dreads when i was like 15 (6 years back)..i asked him how to dread , he said just dont comb. i honestly didnt beleive him. i asked 3-4 other ppl hu had dreads they said the same thing and i never beleive

that time i kept thinking people who have dreads doesnt want to tell the secret to get dreads hahaha

then i saw videos on youtube i was like ohh heres the secret.

but everything anyone needs to dread is ryt here in this site.

your doing a super job SE.. your the man!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i talked to 1 guy he said dont comb..so i believed him

unfortunately he didnt say to seperate

next time i figured that out myself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
12 years ago
198 posts

You have such beauutiful hair!! I love how curly it was beforehand but you pull of dreadlocks great!!! I backcombed mine but after finding this site I plan to just let them do their own thing from now on. All of my resources were different than yours though, mine all said TO backcomb lol.

Egubman
@egubman
12 years ago
46 posts

thank you!! :D means aloot.

anyone can pull off dreads i gues. i think someones dreads will suit only that person, no one else.

good luck with your journey!

Jackie
@jackie
12 years ago
78 posts

LOL to the dread secrets :) That's so funny! You have beautiful hair!

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
Your hair wa beautiful before and after the dreads :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form