Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The straightness!

C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

I didn't post this in general questions, because I know it's been posted so many times.
and I cringe at even posting it as well, as I told myself I would not. :P

However, for peace of mind for the human ego..I'm posting this. lol.

I started growing my hair out 6 months ago. and with that growth, I moved to BS/ACV only washing 2-3 a week. (which works well)
Around 3 months I tried T'n'Ring it, (it was about 2-3 inches.) It didn't hold and I figured my hair was too short.
So I let it grow out to now (almost 7 months)
Now that I'm near 7 months in my hair is probably 5-6 inches now and I have attempted T'n"R again.

It looked like this for about a week until I washed it.

[img] http://i.imgur.com/oqAjt.jpg [/img]

then after I washed, it looked like this.

[img] http://i.imgur.com/HwXl8.jpg [/img]

absolutely no sections, hair is completely straight. i've left it like that and continued with just neglect, but no matter what my hair stays straight!

Do I just wait longer? TnR again?

updated by @c-roome: 02/14/15 08:34:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what did u wash with]

how did u wash (technique)

how did u dry

did u s=use sea salt

just leave it be it will dread u can tnr abgain but if u repeat what u did the result s will be the same

u got to figure out whats wring and correct it 1szt

and..beads beads beads are your best freinds

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Luke Kwiatkowski
@luke-kwiatkowski
12 years ago
14 posts

You might want to wait a while till your hair's longer and then try lightly backcombing. That's the only way I got mine started. If you don't go crazy with the backcombing then it won't damage your hair too much.

C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

I washed with Baking Soda and rinsed with ACV

Maybe my ratios are wrong.

I have hard water, what's a good amount of BS-Water ratio with hard water?
With ACV I only put a capful into 8-10 oz of water, but even then it just conditions my hair so much it comes loose/straight.
I dry with a towel over my head, just let it sit there, tied up for an hour or so, then air dry.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

for baby dreads i would use a capful to sa gallon so yea that wa too much alsoi did u rinse the acv right away

i wouldnrt usethe twowl at all

if u used 8 oz water a couple tablespoons of bs

adding sea salt would heklp

till the knots are set in the acv wshould be vey weak

--
C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

Okay, so I'll dull down the ACV

No towel at all? Should I just squeeze my hair till stops dripping and then air dry?
i'll add some sea salt to my bs mixture. i leave it in for about 20 minutes. then rinse with ACV and then rinse all out with cold water 2-3 minutes later.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no dont squeze shake

shake opit out then drip dry

and dont rinse bs with acv you do not want the 2 to mix at all or u wuioll gert heat and foam and a violent chemical rezction 10 min of bs is plenty then tinse the bs out well b4 u do acv and rinse the acv right after oouring it on

--
Hazanko
@hazanko
12 years ago
27 posts

Your hair type and length looks really close to mine

when I first started I put 2-3 TnR dreads in just to see what they would do, within the first wash or two they were completely gone. Your hair will do what it feels best with, if the way you wash your hair and sleep and generally treat your hair puts ''tension'' on the TnR section it will just end up falling out. I'm about 3 months or in now and my hair is starting to section off with no intervention from me, and the sections stay through every single wash even though they're still extremely loose. If your hair doesn't feel ''comfortable'' sectioned off a certain way it will pull itself apart and find the way it prefers.

C-Roome
@c-roome
12 years ago
15 posts

I made this post 2 1/2 weeks ago..
So I TnRed one section after this post, added a bead onto it.
2 weeks later, the "dread/section," has shed the bead, the section has shrunk/condensed but stayed locked.
4 days after the 2 week mark (today) I washed my hair again, this time with the bead off that section.
It's staying formed, but right now its just one big loop at the root and then a normal strand of straight hair the rest.
Do I add a bead to fit the new size of the section? or just leave it alone to likely come undone again?

Other than that, my hair is still completely straight and no sections, still. :(

I've stopped squeeze drying, I wash with bs for 7-10 minutes.
Rinse with water and then right after rinse with ACV mix. Let it cover/flow down my head and then shake once, then rinse.
I shake my hair till I get dizzy, (to dry) then I pat my head with a towel and simply drape it (not tie) there for 5-10 until the dripping moisture is gone and shake/let air dry again.

I feel as if I shouldn't even use any ACV because that's what is causing my hair to straighten out, but I know if I don't use ACV the BS/Sea Salt is going to ravage my scalp.
I put about 1/4 cap in 1/2-3/4 of a 2 liter filed with water. (significantlyless than when I made the original post.)

Other than that, maybe my hair isn't log enough? I feel like I've seen people with shorter hair than mine have decently matured dreads.
Should I stop wearing the beanie I wear just about everyday?
I flip my bangs/front of my hair back into my beanie so my forehead is showing basically.
Is the hat causing too much stress causing them to not section or sections to come undone?
Am I not rinsing well enough?
Any suggestions are appreciated.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yea lose the hat thats the problem too tight will smooth the hair down and restrict movement

u can try using the acv every 3rd wah even just to see if that helps

and if u can replace the bead thawt will help too

--
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form