Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

What if?

Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

Just something I've been thinking about and this is mainly for the people that are long time dreadies but have you ever thought about who you would be if you never made the decision to dread? even if your still in the early stages like me I would like to see EVERYONES response don't be afraid :]

updated by @nicholas-janousek: 01/13/15 09:29:21PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

shudders

why would you make me want to think about that

the horror

id either be dead..or worse.. a yuppy in a corporate hell hole job

hopefuly dead ..would be less boring at least

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Nicholas janousek
@nicholas-janousek
12 years ago
49 posts

haha I had a feeling you would say something like that SE and I do apologize but its just one of those things I mean with me it probably be the same way I wouldn't be as happy with my life as i am now it kinda makes me appreciate them that much more and how much i owe to this site and all the people that have helped me on my dread journey ya know? :]

soaring eagle said:

shudders

why would you make me want to think about that

the horror

id either be dead..or worse.. a yuppy in a corporate hell hole job

hopefuly dead ..would be less boring at least

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I would be like my girlfriend and grow my hair out for a few years and then cut it to donate it. then do it all over again. My girlfriend has been doing this for years now. So instead I am trying to find people who cut their locks and are willing to mail them to me so I can figure out how to make wigs out of them myself.

Either that or I'd keep my head shaved for similar spiritual reasons. I Have locks so as not to care what everyone else says. I'd shave my head so I don't have to worry about what everyone else says. Locks give me one less thing to worry about in the morning. A shaved head would do the same

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I am only 5 months in as of the end of this month.

Without dreads I imagine I would still be in a place where I don't recognize the person in the mirror. Either as myself or someone worthy of the label "beautiful". In that regard, starting the journey was like waking up to a sunrise after a lifetime underground.

My anxiety/depression would probably have gotten worse rather than better. 5-6 months ago I would have scoffed at the idea of dreads helping such things but I have experienced it for myself and can say that dreads have done more for me than any pill I ever took in the past.

And, despite always having a general "Do what you want just do no harm" kind of attitude all my life, I am definitely less judgmental now. This pleases me greatly.

So glad I started my journey. Especially since due to shrinkage my hair is quite short now and summer is rather hot. If I hadn't dreaded my hair would be waist length now. Huzzah!

Good question. I look forward to other replies.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form