Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

HELP! hives from baking soda!

Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
so i tried the baking soda wash for the 1st time last night, i mixed it with my liquid bronners, which i usually use on my head and body every time i shower. while in the shower i was extremely itchy! when i got out i noticed i had lots of hives covering from my shoulder down to my elbow! has any one ever had anything like this happen to them, and what do u think is up with that?!i dont think i will be using it again.i had to get back in and scrub my skin, my hives went away maybe an hour later.so if you have any info please let me know~peace and love~
updated by @electric-mama: 01/13/15 08:28:54PM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
hmm, that is weird =/did you add something else to the Baking soda oilwise or was that the only new thing?
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
just bronners and baking soda
Mechanical Butterfly
@mechanical-butterfly
15 years ago
24 posts
Test a portion of your skin with just the diluted baking soda mixture... say maybe a 2in x 2in area, to see if it's actually what caused it. If there's no reaction, try it again with a mixture of the baking soda wash and the Dr. Bronners, that way you'll know if it's just a combination of the two things....There might be a chemical reaction when combining the baking soda with the soap that's causing the irritation.
Electric Mama
@electric-mama
15 years ago
80 posts
yeah i am gonna do that soon. thanks
Merek Privitt
@merek-privitt
12 years ago
13 posts

Baking soda by itself on your skin will make you very itchy sometimes, depending on the climate. Id bet money that it was a bad reaction of something in the soap with the baking soda. id do one then the other, you probably wont have any problems.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form