Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads in jail

Jamison Johnston
@jamison-johnston
12 years ago
16 posts
I'm not planning on going to juvy or jail, or even being involved in any illegal actions. I do however smoke weed, and I've seen many a friend go to jail over weed. I want to know what, if any, provisions or allowances there are for people with dreadlocks in jail or prison. Like dread shampoo, our even being able to keep ones dreadlocks.
updated by @jamison-johnston: 01/13/15 09:29:02PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they may try to make you cut them however you can claim a religios right and fight to keep them theres n=been many many cases where they were allowed

they do have to allow for religios rights

leneord peltier as an example has a sweat lodge built in the yard where hes imprisoined romona africa kept her beautiful dreads through her imprisonment

i dont know about dread soaps though you might have to make sdue with what they give you or maybe can have some brought in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I love the fact that you use Peltier as an example. He's one of myheroes. I've read both books written by his wife. It's such a shame that he was put away. It pisses me off. but I don't think there's much going on by the way of getting him released anymore.

You might be able to have some brought it. And you might be able to get your hands on baking soda. Not sure about vinegar though

Eric Andrikowich
@eric-andrikowich
12 years ago
38 posts

come to NH they decriminalized it!

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Same here in Philly. Up the 30g is a small fine

Ghosst36
@ghosst36
12 years ago
3 posts

Okay, if you go to county you keep your dreads. If you go to a regional jail you might keep your dreads, and if you go to any state prison regardless of your religious beliefs and things you lose your dreads. Stay free and stay nappy.

Eric Andrikowich
@eric-andrikowich
12 years ago
38 posts

30g holy shit if we have anytihn up to an half ounce or more your screwd

Baba Fats said:

Same here in Philly. Up the 30g is a small fine

Simon Raye
@simon-raye
12 years ago
10 posts

You can have up to an ounce in cali and it's just a small fine, unless you have it packaged inseparatebaggies, then they can nail you for intent to distribute or some crap like that.

Jamison Johnston
@jamison-johnston
12 years ago
16 posts
Right on but yeah I'm gonna move to cali when I'm 18 anyway so it might not matter anyway
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form