Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Thinning crown

Rob Slater
@rob-slater
12 years ago
3 posts

Does anyone have any experience with thinning hair at the crown? I am growing my hair our for dreads and have noticed my crown seems to be thinning. Can you use dreads to "hide" this? Any advice or info appreciated...

updated by @rob-slater: 07/24/19 10:30:13AM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Check out my video "just an update". I show my thinning hair there. Because of genetics, I'm going bald. And In my family baldness starts early. I'm 25 and have a receding hairline and my crown is starting to thin out. The main important thing to do is NEVER mess with your roots. Especially there. I had beads holding some of the baby locks together up there and they were pulling my hair apart, and the bald spot was more obvious. Since I took the beads out, the hole filled in quite a bit.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

definately let them form naturally too dont backcomb or tnr the natural sectioning will hide it better

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Hollach
@hollach
12 years ago
3 posts
I have a related problem. I'm letting my hair go natural and my sections have created a little spot on the back left side of my crown area where you can see my scalp. I hope it will just even out cause I'm letting my hair just do what it wants to.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

In time, loose hairs and stray hairs will fill in the gap. If you don't mess with your roots, it will fill in

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form