Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

aparent hair growth yes actual growth no

what i mean is.. when you comb hair u split ends so u get trims ecvery couple months so for every inch u grow u cut off 1/2 an inch

so since dreads dont get combved or trimmed the aparent growth rates nearly double

however thats when they are fully mature and growimg the 1st year they shrink then stay the same length a bit then slowly start to grow

once they are growing they grow alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
The-Pygmy Page
@the-pygmy-page
12 years ago
43 posts
The weight of the dread stimulates the hair follicles at the scalp more so yes you do get a lil more growth but since it immediately goes into knotting itself you don't see the length for a bit as it needs to lock up and shrink some first.
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

aslo, a lot of the products people use for the health of their locks promotes hair growth. Rosemary is one. Biotin and other B vitamins are others. Most people with straight hair do not add these to their diet or hair care

Kelsey Cliche!
@kelsey-cliche
12 years ago
122 posts
Since throwing away all my hair care products 6 months ago, my hair has grown super fast! So for me, yes. I haven't had much shrinkage yet though.
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

I thought it was that hair (appears to) grow slower with dreads? Ah well, guess not.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

It's a lot things. At first hair starts toshrinkas it knots up and tangles. Once it's nearing maturity, it'll seem to stop growing completely, because new growth is getting tangled up at about the same rate it is growing out. Once mature they explode with growth. I had one that was about 2 inches long that I palm rolled to maturity. Check my video out on why not to palm roll to see how I destroyed the root by doing so. My hair used to grow about 1/4 a month, if I was lucky. After 6 years it's about 16 inches long.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form