Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Law Enforcement

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

Im interested in getting into law enforcement after im done with college and just wondering if anyone knows if police or other types of law enforcement officials (like border patrol) are allowed to have dreadlocks. From what I have read on the internet the answer is no, due to the fact that long hair could be used against oneself in hand to hand combat. That doesnt make sense though because females can have long hair and be law enforcement officers. I also understand that dreadlocks for spiritual purposes are protected by the first amendment, so with that said wouldnt they be allowed??? I just dont get why everything i have read online says "no". Has anyone ever seen a law enforcement officer with dreadlocks??

updated by @k-money: 01/13/15 09:28:15PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes i have seen many cops with dreads some female cops with long dreads a male cop with short dreads

its unfortunate but chances are if you have natural dreads they wil want you working under cover posing as a dealer or buyer

i know a swat guy whos got dreads..and a medical mj card too

where did u see that cops cant

i know for a fact they can

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

i was looking around and found this http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20091128205545AAaMJzc most of the people who answered said you cannot have dreads. Have you seen any police with dreads that were not undercover?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yup wsure have ..plenty they were african americanstho ..yahoo answers get alot of absolutely horible answeers attention seeking trolls thats why i wish we had more ppl answering questions there

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamison Johnston
@jamison-johnston
12 years ago
16 posts
As long as you don't bust any grow ops or weed deals... I think I would be more trusting of a cop with dreads than a short haired cop for some reason. Like more... Comfortable.
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I think that you should have no problem working with dreads. If it's considered a hazard to leave them free then you can pull them back into a dread bun. In fact, if you start growing them now, by the time you become a cop then you should have mature enough locks to not be a mess or have pulling them back hinder their locking.

Maybe the best person to ask though, is a cop. :)

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

There are chances that you might be frowned upon, especially if you go into border patrol. They might just not hire you because they are the craziest of cops. I have the utmost respect for average cops, and have seen many with locks, they were black, however. But if they can have them and no one give them grief for them being used against you in hand to hand, then you should not get any either. Vals' right, you can just tie them back if they get that long, though. So start growing now and when you are ready to apply for the job, they will be mature and wont look as scraggly and messy

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form