Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

2months old

Sarah Curran
@sarah-curran
12 years ago
10 posts
My dreads are now 2months old. Ive been washing with soda and oils once a wk. I'm just wondering if they're are looking good for they're age and if you have any advice.i have only tightened 2-3times and they're loose at roots.thanks :)
updated by @sarah-curran: 01/13/15 09:28:07PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how and why did u have them tightened..very bad idea.. they are only 2 months old they shouldnt be tight they need to be loose especialy at the roots

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sarah Curran
@sarah-curran
12 years ago
10 posts

well i didnt really tighten them just a palm roll here and there.they are still vry loose at the root.i have 1 dread at the back that has actually split half way down it because i must have twisted too much. i posted a pic of my hair today to get a reply if they look ok for theyre age.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ahh i see u had me worried i thought u meant crochet or interlocking

i would sti]op the palm rollinh they actualy look really tight for so young

te 1 that split is possibly from the twisting but more likely its from forcing the sectioning and it would have been 2 dreads if alowed to section naturally

--
Sarah Curran
@sarah-curran
12 years ago
10 posts

ok cool ill leave them be then :-) and is there any way to thicken my dreads/add more or is that a bad idea its just cause i feel that there is alot of spaces at the back of my head.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

they will thicken over time

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I am just at 2 months and I am actually making pretty goo progress. My roots are loose as well as the tips but they are definitely starting to tighten up on their own. If you want to, take a look at my latest video/pictures. If you leave them alone and not worry about "maintaining" then they will keep on rocking out and dreading. The more you do to them, the more you set them back. :)

Happy dreading!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form