Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

To dread or not to dread?

Chloe Serene
@chloe-serene
12 years ago
3 posts

So now I'm finally at a point in life where I can dread if I want too.

Iv'e been tempted for a while, but not sure if it would suit me.

So, I'll post some pictures of me, and please give me some opinions of if dreads would suit me? :D

Any colour suggestions would be great too!

Thanks ;D

updated by @chloe-serene: 03/06/18 07:02:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

absolutely nut heres the thing

you can be a bonified goddess ..i mean an acr=tual goddess in the flesh and dreads would only encance your beauty..to those who arent superficial that is

a small number of people will think you ruined your haor your looks and will look down on you so you got to be strong enough to not care but on the other hand you willnever feel so beautiful you will get way more compliments but the haters that hate wioll bombard you with ignorance mike eww dont u wash your hair tbhats nasty

its win win really u attract the positive and repekl the negative

color..let it be your natural color..healthiest thing u can do

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chloe Serene
@chloe-serene
12 years ago
3 posts

Thankyou! I think I can handle the comments, people have always found something about me to complain about! So I think I may just go along with it! Your contribution was really helpful, Iappreciateit. :)

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Cloe, in my opinion, dreads would look absolutely lovely on you... but my opinion, as well as the opinion of others, should not be the reason you start growing them. What do you want? Is the real question you should be asking. And then just stick to your guns and follow through.

Are you naturally blonde or is your hair as dark as your eyebrows? I think blonde dreads look stunning however, if you start to grow your hair out, over time you will have a pretty awesome ombre color effect (which is very popular right now.)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

shes right how dreads look on you should be the last thing to be concerned about dreads change you ..empower you make you stronger more confident they are spiritual too if you feel drawn to dread you will never feel like you untill you do dread

--
Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

I think anyone looks great with dreads really. I bet yours will be beautiful!

As for coloring I wish I would have left mine natural, but if you do want color you may want to look into henna as a safer alternative to the chemical dyes, or maybe just add beads & wraps for color, or use kool-aid (it will probably look brighter/last longer since you have light hair to start with).

Chloe Serene
@chloe-serene
12 years ago
3 posts

@Val, No I dye my hair this colour, but I think I might just stop dying it and leave it - the multi-colour effect would be cool I think!

Iv'e wanted them for so long, and I think I can pull it off.

I think I'm going to go for it! Keeping it like this for a couple of weeks, then I'll start dreading after prom. I'll have to search through the site for how to do it. I'll be sure to put pictures up of my dread journey! Thankyou all so much for your'e compliments and ideas everyone, it's really helped!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how to do its simple

lose your comb

let it happen

--
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

If you go to the dreaducation pages it will explain the different methods that are known as well as the cost and benefit of each (some have absolutely no benefit so it's worth looking into so you start your journey armed with knowledge.) There is also information on washing. Since you are giving yourself some time then I highly recommend looking there (5th link at the top) and then taking a look at peoples dreadlock timelines so you have an idea of what to expect while growing dreads.

Steven Miller
@steven-miller
12 years ago
5 posts

Do it, DO IT NOW!!!! :D

updated by @steven-miller: 07/13/15 09:29:20AM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form