Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreads and receding hairline

Eric Gungon
@eric-gungon
15 years ago
3 posts
So I don't have dreads yet, but have a receding hairline. Would dreads be bad for this? I don't plan i getting "natural" dreads. What is the best way to do it other than that? Just a couple questions, I would like some suggestions. thanks
updated by @eric-gungon: 01/13/15 08:28:47PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
natural would be your best bet by far .. your already loosing hair.. amny agressive methiod can add to hair lossbackcombing can rip out 1/2 at the roots..in extreme casestwist and rips better, but still can yank and pull aloti know alotta dreads with receding hairlines or partial baldness and i cant think of 1 thats not natural http://www.myspace.com/fantuzzimusic for instance4 the fantastic fabulouse fantuzziim not sure which of us began dreading 1st but im pretty sure we both dreaded the same way..by spending time in the wildernesswhith thunning hair you want to be gentle and do no added harm to add to the thinning/balding.. natural is the way to go then

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
in fact your best to just stop combing now so your no longer harming your hair at all then as it gets long enough it will begin to dread on its ownthat will give ya the healthiest startu may even find your receding hairlines not receding as much as u thinkboth my grandfathers were bald..my dad had a bald spot from age 16..my bro too is starting to get a bald spot just like my dad (hes 4 years younger then me) mine since i went natural just gets thicker and thicker..no sign of thinning receding or balding (greying in my beard yea..but thinning hell no)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
15 years ago
213 posts
ive heard some type of oldwives tale that if u let ur hair grow really long then cut it,then it doesnt grow back much (thinning or balding) or not fast or sumthing along those lines...
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Actually Dreads would probably be better for that, since your not losing anymore hair from brushing your hair begins to look alot thicker/fuller after you give it time, especially at new dreaded growth.
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
other than that, your best bets depending on what fits your preferences would beTwist N RipBack combingcrochetingjust make sure you look at all the pros/cons of them,like SE mentioned T&R will be the least damaging to your hair follicles,regardless of what you choose just don't panic over how they look at first, I remember your first post, you have awesome dreading potential :)
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts

Yeah my hair is receding. But i've always had baby hair. I'm cutting my hair today (sad tale I know) but I play on going mostly natural. Yay 3 years!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form