Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

The beginning of my long journey

Steven Miller
@steven-miller
12 years ago
5 posts

So not long ago there was a kid named Steven who wanted dreads, and like most would have he looked into it, and of course stumbled onto a site known asdreadheadhq. That kid was me..At first I believed all the stuff Mr. Clean was saying because I, at the time, knew little to nothing about dreads. Butluckilynot to long ago, yesterday, I found this site and discovered how DHHQ really is before I bought any of his so called "products", but also I discovered all the great people on here and the passion they have fore dreadlocks, that I believe I have as well, and that inspired me to go 100% natural and actually grow dreads.

I've read a lot of discussions on the site already and how much knowledge I have gained in about 24 hours is amazing, I am still VERY early in my journey, so no dreads yet, but I see there is love for everyone in all stages of dreads here so I'm glad to be here!!

I will post pictures of my progress in a week or so, I'm taking SE's advice and forgetting I have hair the best I can!!

updated by @steven-miller: 02/14/15 09:58:43AM
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Awesome! Good luck on your journey, you made the right decision by not using those crappy products.

Steven Miller
@steven-miller
12 years ago
5 posts

Thank you! I'm only on my second day and people around me alreadynoticea difference in my hair, which is normally straight as can be.

James Turk said:

Awesome! Good luck on your journey, you made the right decision by not using those crappy products.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well welcome what a great intro post

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

haha i bet ..it can really surprise you how quickly it starts huh

Steven Miller said:

Thank you! I'm only on my second day and people around me alreadynoticea difference in my hair, which is normally straight as can be.

James Turk said:

--
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Mine's straight as can be took a couple weeks before I could tell I stopped brushing it. I think I have a long journey ahead of me. I actually recently stopped looking in the mirror so I stop looking for progress. I'll try to look maybe once a month to see how it's going.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Welcome. We are really accepting if not in love with every stage of locks. I'm glad people are already noticing your changes. You;ll go through a messy stage that'll last a little while, but everyone here has gone through it, or is going through it right now. So don't feel worried orembarrassed. All we want to do is create a nice little community that helps spread the word of healthy locks, and help everyone along. Even having had locks for 6 years, I still learn new things every day.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ive had locks 22 years and still learn new things from this amazing community

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

oh and its nice to have our experts too for the things im not smart enough to know what to do (but luckily i have good instinkts to fall back on when my minds not up for the challenge)

--
Steven Miller
@steven-miller
12 years ago
5 posts

Thanks to all who have replied, I always thought growing them would take years and be a struggle like most of those other sites have said, but seeing all the people here with first handexperiencewith it and saying it's easy, just basically do nothing and let your hair do it's thing really helped me get to starting it! I'm sure I will have plenty of questions down the road and in a community like this, I won't be afraid to ask them either!

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form