Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

awrsome dreads

melann
@melann
12 years ago
34 posts

Check out this girl's timeline. Updates every couple pages. Her latest update on the last page. They're amazing. They look great from month 1-15. And she crocheted. No damage, just beautiful locks.

http://dreadlocktruth.com/dtforums/30/7546

updated by @melann: 02/14/15 03:33:40AM
James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

It's not that people hate that method, it's damaging and most people on this site just want everybody to be healthy and have their dreads for a long long time. How is that hating?

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I don't call one year proof of anything. Show me a crocheted dreadhead with 20 year old dreads and no damage. Then we'll talk about proof.

Edit: I just skimmed her pictures. didn't read the comments. Does it say anywhere how often she crocheted? It doesn't look like she went completely nuts with the hook so it's very possible she kept herself from the worst damage but she still damaged her hair. I don't care what anyone says. I crochet as a hobby and break threads by accident all the time. And I can see every single thread my hook comes into contact with!

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Sounds like somebodies a little fussy. A lot of people on this site are here for advice, and we are going to give it and take it.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

You're just here to stir shit.

The front page told you what we're about. You compare us to christians. Are you shocked when you enter a church and christians are preaching the word of god? That would be kind of stupid.So don't be surprised when people spreading knowledge about natural dreads and the harm in tools are actually doing just that.

And as far as this chicks dreads, she even says herself that after a little while it felt detrimental and she stopped. Maybe she started up again...But seems to me her dreads have been essentially in what we here refer to as dread recovery. In fact, if you read what she says, she doesn't actually say anything positive about crochet. And neither do most people in that thread.

Find better evidence for crochet.

And don't try and pretend that people only crochet to start dreads. Many, many people use it as regular maintenance to get rid of any loose hairs or new hair growth.Spend 30 seconds on youtube.

Let's not lie to try and prove our points.

Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

It's not even about pushing the opinion onto people. It's about telling it as it really is, for the sake of people who have been tricked into believing maintaining dreads with a hook is a good thing (or mandatory, for that matter). No one ever said people had no right to keep believing a lie. As far as I know, nobody from this site will break into your house and steal your hook.

But since you're so sensitive about it, maybe your subconscious mind is telling you you're wrong. Do a test. Take a wool sweater, for example, fold it several times, poke it as if you were crocheting your dreads, and then try to pull it out without damaging the fibers.

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

Person 1: "what is the healthiest way to dread?"

Person 2: "Freeform"

Person 1: "Hey, stop pushing your opinion on everybody"

LOL!

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

What about advice about that car? You'd buy a car not knowing where or how or who built it? It's looks good! "Sold to gentleman who doesn't need and engine!"

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

You seem to misunderstand the whole premise of this site.

Crochet hooks, lock sculptas, lock doctas, wax, palm rolling...none of that is going to be advocated here. There will always be disclaimers and warnings when anyone mentions them. That's a fact. If you want to avoid people saying negative things I would recommend not posting about things that are harmful to your hair.

It's funny though, you seem to dislike "haters" yet your speech is hate filled and childish. Projecting much?

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Accident report? Who needs it!? It looks shiny and it goes fast so it must be good!

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form