Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dandruff big nasty flakes

Stigandi
@stigandi
12 years ago
22 posts

I am in a state of frustration. I have been on the dreaded path for going on 6 months. I could not get rid of the dandruff!! ichy, flaky nasty. I really would like to be on a natural path but I have started using the blue dandruff shampoo again to stop the scratching! I use it every 3rd day.

Any true ideas?

updated by @stigandi: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Richard Christian
@richard-christian
12 years ago
8 posts

same problem... but i just have been living it for a week, i can't really help much...

so, joining to wait for others with more experience :)

Justin W Schaeffer
@justin-w-schaeffer
12 years ago
3 posts

damn guys, me too. I am almost 2 months in and just have mad mad dandruff. Big flakes small flakes and hard chunks that develop quickly.

I've used tea tree oil, rosemary, the updated BS / AVC, washing with freezing cold water...nothing

I think I might have eczema at this point

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

what were u washing with b4 that try these www.dreadlockshampoo.com or the baking sioda acv with teatree and rosemary ah and cut iout the hot water use cool =to cold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Stigandi
@stigandi
12 years ago
22 posts

yea SE I tried the rosemary w/ BS mix to no avail. just purchased the dread shampoo hope that will help

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts
Sometimes the bs doesn't work with certain water types. I use Dr. Bronners w/essential oils and it helps me considerably.Try that or the liquid dreadlocks shampoo that Soaring Eagle recommends. Or you can boil your waterbefore mixing the bs.
Nick Sig
@nick-sig
12 years ago
17 posts

honestly i went to a dermatogolist and he gave me some tar gel shampoo and it seems to be doing the trick.

Kid Ayn Gibran
@kid-ayn-gibran
12 years ago
25 posts

From personal experience shampoos are not the best idead Shampoos are much more harsh than natural remedies like herbal rinses. Those dandruff shampoos change the way your body works, hence the Rx or drug information on the back of the bottle. Dandruff is normal, it is either skin from your scalp shedding or it is sebum (oil) created by your scalp. Shampoos change the pH of your hair and scalp, which means the pH of your scalp and hair is all out of wack. Doesn't it make make more sense to find the root of your problem: what is throwing off the pH level; than to put a temporary band-aid on the problem? Like acne and dry skin, excessive dandruff means there is an imbalance within the body or a response to the external:

Diet: dehydration, poor nutrition,dairy, salt, sugar,

Climate: dandruff worsens during winter and summer

Maintenance: massage your scalp since you don't comb/brush; moisturizing oils (coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, etc) are unnecessary because the body creates its own oil (sebum) and they can cause dandruff (with olive oil: body will down regulate sebum production; unless olive oil is used very often: scalp will dry out, the body will overproduce sebum causing oily/flaky scalp); decrease amount of BS/ACV rinses, depending on water hardness even wetting hair can throw off the pH.

I will say that the best medicine/fix to our health problems is to allow our bodies' to regulate and heal itself, which it will do if the right nutrients are in the body and you keep it clear of pollutants, which includes things we eat.

This is a journey and no one thing works for everybody. Do your research and experiment to find what works for you and what doesn't work for you.

~ Peace & Love Fam

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form