Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

scalp issues?? miracle oil i just discovered :)

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

hey guys im not too experienced at the whole dreadded thing but i love it and right away came to my own conclusions that one of the most important things for dreaddies is to make sure your scalp is well taken care of. right? ok so i have been doing some experamenting with essential oils at home and i guess you could say inventing some products for my own use on my newly dreadded hair. well the last time i mixed my shampoo i tried something different. i wasnt sure of the benifits of this oil when i did it but found out after i had used it a few times wondering why my head felt so supper clean and tingley. i added 3 dropps of oil of origano to my shampoo and have washed with this mixture now about 6 times. you can litterally feel the effects it has on your scalp. a clean tingley feeling that lasts and lasts, also when i first decided to dread i had some dandruff issued wich are completely gone since i stumbled upon this miracle. i did some reasearch on the stuff and found its medicinal properties to be simmilar and possibly even more powerful than teatree oil.

it can effectively cure dandruff by killing the bacteria that causes it. soothes and itchy scalp (any itchy spots on your skin actually, i have proof of this because i used it to treat a skin infection my daughter had after the antibiotics the drs gave her for it were uneffective for months. it was an instant cure in 2 applications it was gone :)) the effects of this oil are anti fungal, anti viral, and anti parasitic. in short this oil applied to your regular washings will keep your hair and scalp free of infections caused by bacteria viruses or even bugs!!! this to me seems like a miracle oil for ppl with dreadlocks because sometimes we cannot help what kind of stuff gets trapped in our hair and theres no way of knowing or getting it out in some cases.

i am willing to bet that this oil is not widley known to most as an oil that can be used in our hair but i can attest that it is doing things to my hair and scalp that i really like. i will use this oil from now on i finally found something that works for all kinds of scalp problems common among dreadlock wearers. i just wanted to share this experience with you because it is the only thing that i have tried so far that has worked so well. and when i looked it up i found that it even is used in some cases for hair growth, i would imagine the reason it is used for hair growth is because it kills infections and virused and fungus that slows down hair growth.

to any of you who are wanting to give it a try i must warn that it has a very strong smell , a smell that compliments my shampoo in the first place so i like it. also a small few have experienced allergic reactions to this oil because of its potency so if you are wanting to try it i would suggest testing perhaps on a patch of skin first to make sure you will not react badly to it. also that it MUST be diluted, this oil cannot be applied directly to the skin it must be diluted first. now what i do is just add 2 or 3 dropps of it to my shampoo as i mix it in a 230ml bottle.

im also happy to share my recipe for the shampoo that i make it is easy to make and has helped my hair to dread really fast keeps it clean and smells good too. good luck on your own journeys :) lots of love <3

updated by @arielle-vogel: 01/13/15 09:26:27PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

hmm thats 1 i hadnt considered trying ..but i no longer have scalp prov[bs suince switching to the shampoos i use now

i havent used any esential oils in months

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts
Pretty cool. I will definitely be checking it out.I haven't really had any scalp issue since changing my shampoo regimen but who knows what the summer heat will bring :)Thanks for sharing!
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

i've used Derma E Skinbiotics Oil which is tea tree and oregano oil. its great for skin conditions likeeczema. i never thought to try it on my scalp though. my scalp has been a lot better though since switching to bs/acv washes. good info though!

Richard Christian
@richard-christian
12 years ago
8 posts

please... share the recipe of your shampoo... :)

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

ok i get a big bottle of neutrogena antiresidu shampoo its pretty cheap and you can get it at walmart.

i mix it in a 250 ml bottle fill it about 3/4 with shampoo add 2 drops oil of origano, 2 drops teatree oil and 3 drops rosemary or lavender and fill the bottle with aloe vera gel. thats it. you can use other oils its just that iv found these oils to be particularily great on my hair and scalp, especially since adding the origano my head feels tingley and very clean.it has a mild earthy smell wich i love. the aloe makes it liquidy ifind iteasier to spread around when im washing my hair. i hope you try it and tell me what you think.:)

Richard Christian said:

please... share the recipe of your shampoo... :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

big biottle? i didnt think they masde a big bottle the 1 i got is like 5 bucks i think and good for 3 maybe 4 washes its not big at all

..slighltly bigger then yor average bar soap but goes much faster

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

yah its 946 ml it was about 10 bucks. but i have shortish hair so my shampoo lasts for a while im figuring mine will last almost about 6 monthsif i wash twice a week and keep adding other ingredients to it. lol i couldnt imagine washing the massive locks you rock soring eagle. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form