Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does wrapping individual dreads hinder the process if they are new?

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
12 years ago
14 posts

I am thinking about wrapping a dread or two with embroidery thread or something of the like and I am wondering if this will hurt the dreading process at all since the hair won't be able to move around as much? Should I just wait until they have matured more? Because right now it seems they are different from week to week.

updated by @abbigirl: 01/13/15 09:26:19PM
NenaBird
@nenabird
12 years ago
3 posts

I wrapped a bunch of mine when they were still new and they got all messed up, but I think I might have just wrapped them too tightly....I dunno. If you try not to wrap them very tight I wouldn't think it would cause any problems.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

When they are new, you don't want to wrap the whole lock. Some people use small, 1 inch, wraps to just keep their locks separated. But like you said, they wouldn't be able to move around as much, which is what creates locks in the first place. I'd wait a bit till they matured more. If you really want some colour, just wrap wrap about 1 inch sections from the root down. This will add some life and help them stay to themselves a bit more

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

several of mine were wrapped b4 they dreaded..just straight hair it dreaded fine but the part that was wrapped was very skinny with a much fatter root

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form