Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Maybe A Mistake!

Dean V
@dean-v
12 years ago
2 posts

Naturally, I was one of the many people who was impatient during the short period i've had my dreadlocks. I didn't bother me until one of my friends pointed out that my locs were falling apart and I had a ton of loose hairs (Mostly due to the fact that I bike and run almost every day, so my hair was getting raggedy). She referred me to a friend of hers who works at a salon who said she would do my hair at a discounted price. She crochet all my loose hairs, BUT also decided to use a small weave to tighten my locs up. She said who everoriginallydid them, did an incorrect job, because she tried to twist some of them, which doesn't work withCaucasianhair. Long story short, I hope getting my hair tightened with the use of, not my own hair, for lack of better phrasing, will have ruined the process. SIGH -.-

updated by @dean-v: 01/13/15 09:26:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the salon the crochet all were mistakes crochet breaks a ton of hair weakening dreads making them more fuzzy making themn eed mor work amd ..delays progress by 6 months

she didnmt do them right either nosalons dpok

yea u never should have twisted or gone to as salon all u should do is leave em aslone and be patu=ient

so what was done to them from day 1 till now what was used we bneed every detail to undo the harm

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

You have only had your dreads going for 1 month.... the loose hairs are completely normal. Mine are at just over 1 month and I have a lot of loose hairs and fuzziness.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

exactly you panbnicked cause your dreads were behaving exactly as they should be then u let yourself get ripped off by a salon that screwed you

they added hair becausecri]ochet makes dreads 1/3 the thicvkness a healthy dread should be

so now instead of having healthy dreads progressing you have damaged dreads with fake hair and delayed progress

dreads are all about patience

u got to allow them to develop and mature]

it takes a full year..or more

a month will only show backwards progrss if u start em with a starter metho\d

thats why u ned to be patienmt and allow then to go through the phases they go through

you cajnt skip ahead.. get to maturity in a week or month

look at children whos families abandon them and the 5 year old has to be an adult and take care of the family forcing that maturity too soon always ends up in disfunction a chiled who acts adult but remains a child for life you tried to force them to be mature too soon now they are damaged..and will take much longer to dread..

what you can do to recover never ever ever crochet again

light conditu[ion with alow or jojoba to loosen and soften them up so they arent so stiff and tight

then ignire enm you now are going to be twice as fuzzy all the broken hairs wil pop out

you will have to accept and ignoew them and let them dread the loose hair will sucjk in..eventualy

they will have to go through an extra messy staf[=ge as they heal

sorta like a cabby pussy stage of healu[]ing from an accident ..they wll have to be left alone a good long time to recover and dread right

ignore ppl that say stuff about yiur dreads if they say they dont looj[k right cause they are fuzzy just remind them drads take time they diont happen overnight

srry bout typos ..exhausted

--
Dean V
@dean-v
12 years ago
2 posts

I will take your advice wholeheartedly, and im getting jojoba oil out of my cabinet right meow.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how tight and stiff are they use the jojoba with care if they asrent too tight and stiff

if they are use a small ammount and see then if they stay tiyght use a lil more dont rush the loosening either

and just use it till they softn up enough to move properly and feel spongy so they can ten start to loop and dread

--
Rainbow Fortune
@rainbow-fortune
12 years ago
123 posts

I'm 9 months in, and loose hair is all over the place. My mother and one of my friends constantly point it out, and say it looks 'normal'. But, since it really is the way they say it is, and since this is a process, I'm okay with the comments. It will happen eventually.

Next time it gets fuzzy, just stick with it. :)

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

YEah, I caught that too.... gotta watch that movie again meow.

Rebecca said:

hahahaha i can't believe he said "right meow"

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i just caught "she reffered you" thats how salons and locticians work they shame you into going!

ive had my dreads over 20 years i constantly get comments like "ive never seen dreads so beautuiful" or those are the best dreads ive ever seen..yet everytime i talk to a loctician its always :"i can fix those" "those look horible and need some work..

etc

when they say that just laugh ..tell em if you wantedto go to a salon u wouldnt have grown dreads ..and if u wanted dreads u sure as hell wouldnt go to a salon..

--
SweetInTheMornin
@sweetinthemornin
12 years ago
5 posts

I had my dreads done by a friend with a crochet needle.. they looked awesome (a bit weaved) for the first week and so.. then they started to come undone and i re-crocheted them.. I continued doing that a until I was three months in and found this site. I have been neglecting for six months by now and can only stare in admiration at people that went neglect from the beginning.. because even though I've had mine for nine months now they still look super fuzzy and "undreaded". but it doesn't bother me anymore.. I've fallen in love with the process and the little developments every day.

so good luck to you :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form