Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How often is too often to rip dreads apart?

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts
I have been doing next to nothing to my baby dreads for some time now besides washing regularly. The only matinance I do to my locks these days is ripping. I do this every time I wash my dreads when they are still wet because washing seems to get them to want to stick together. I noticed lastnight after I washed my hair and was separating them that I am starting to get what appears to me to be bald spots in between my sections. Is this normal? Or am I just separating too much?
updated by @arielle-vogel: 01/13/15 09:26:06PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hmm how old r they/ its possible you are it shouldnt cause bald spots tho

how much do u need it on the days u do it/
can u do it less without hurting too much or letting them go sso far that they are hard to get apart?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

When you are separating them are you ripping them all the way to the scalp (so that there are definable sections again?) If so, you could be pulling the hairs out at the base.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Hey SE, are there videos that show how to separate dreads already on this site so that people can get a visual idea on how to do it, what to look out for, what helps with the separation, general ideas on what is okay to leave alone to help prevent alopecia and sunburn, etc.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thers the ripping popping seperating guide in the guiedes and pages drop down mene

--
Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

thanx ill check out these videos to make sure im doing it right. yes usually when i do it most of them go right down to the scalp. some are dreadded so far up that i cant separate to the scalp but its the ones that are going right to the scalp that im having a problem with. maybe i will try to leave some space close to my head so that this stops happening. i wash and separate about twice a week. im starting to think that that might be too much or maybe i should just separate every other time that i wash.

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

thanx your always so helpful :) im going there right now

soaring eagle said:

thers the ripping popping seperating guide in the guiedes and pages drop down mene

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

or only separate the ones that really need separating

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form