Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

looking for some advice

Benjamin3
@benjamin3
12 years ago
1 posts

Howdy all ive been growing my hair for a year now so that i can dread it. its between 6 and 8 inches long now. im half black and half white so i have naturally curly hair and was wondering what the best method for me to use would be. any advice would be greatly appreciated as i know very little but wanna do them myself.

updated by @benjamin3: 01/13/15 09:26:03PM
Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts
There are all kinds of methods you can use. I backcombed mine myself at home. I had tied them with elastics to keep em separate for the first couple weeks and then when they started to tighten I took out the elastics. A great thing about backcombing is that you get instant dreadlocks. Lots of ppl like the twist n rip method as well or you could just leave it alone and let it do it's thing if your hair is curly it should start to dread up pretty quick. I have a 3 yr old son with Curley hair and if I don't brush it for a day it will start to form baby dreads in literally hours.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

stop combing let them dread

you dont have to do anything but allow it to happen

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

If your hair is naturally curly, you could get away with doing absolutely nothing. Not that everyone else needs outside help. Everyone could go natural, and their hair would lock up. But in your case, it'll be easier, and faster than normal. Arielle, pretty much said the other options, but Eagle's right. You can do nothing, and be fine. Just make sure to wash and keep your scalp clean.

Never wash your locks themselves. When you wash, scrub your scalp. Do not rub any soap into your locks. As you rinse, the soap will run through your hair

Noble
@noble
12 years ago
13 posts

I'd suggest natural. I myself am growing natural locks, and am seeing fast results. You, having naturally curly hair like myself should see them forming before you know it!

Lapis Angela Lazuli
@lapis-angela-lazuli
12 years ago
76 posts
hello!! I have mixed hair also(black and Japanese). I started mine with twist and rip, but I have been leaving them alone for like a month. curly hair definitely be dreaded nicely with neglect method. you can probably do single twist just to section, and leave it dread after.either way, its your choice, and how you want your dreads to be :)
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form