Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

sold on loose tips

Ethon O'Brien
@ethon-obrien
12 years ago
40 posts

i started doing my dreadlocks with lots of crocheting and other maintenance as some of you know (which was exceedingly stupid considering i used twist and rip). when i finally conceded to the natural method, i swore that when my dread's matured, i would keep the no maintenance lifestyle, but would blunt the tips once again.

now since beginning my natural dreading journey, i have encountered a ridiculous amount of loose hairs, loose tips, and even looping dreads.

and i am loving every bit of it. and recently ive noticed that i actually like the loose tips and natural look. plus because my hair was so curly before dreads, my tips curl and because of this, some of them are actually beginning to blunt all on their own.

so i have finally been sold on the natural way of dreading. had i never done any maintenance THIS would have never happened to one of them:

see how its so very thin in the middle? thats from undoing the damage done by weeks of ill-informed maintenance. i want to thank this site for saving my dreads before the damage became irreparable.

updated by @ethon-obrien: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Glad your dreads are recovering and going wild as they progress :) a lot of people, myself included, wanted a specific look, and after a while loved the current state of our dreads and how they're transforming without any maintenence.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

love this

tara..if i wanted a "specific look" it would be congos that looked like hands waving from my head thick "wrist"roots a flat palm and 5 lil wiggling fingers

or no better yet i know a woman with a natural peace sign dread that would be cool too

actualy im happy with em just the way they turned out on their own

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Robert Thompson
@robert-thompson
12 years ago
21 posts

theyre definitely looking good since they started recovering. it is pretty nice actually to have that kind of wild dreads look, im definitely enjoying mine as well.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form