Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Having trouble getting shampoo to lather? Washing tip!

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
12 years ago
14 posts

So I've been having a hard time lately with getting shampoo evenly distributed throughout my hair and getting it to suds and lather up on my head without using a ton of it. I finally found this awesome way of doing it that I have not seen on here yet and thought It'd be good to tell others. I started lathering my shampoo on a sponge and then using the sponge to get the suds onto my hair. This way I can use a much smaller amount of shampoo on my hair. The sponge I use is one of those that are made of that stretchy mesh material that is sort of crumpled into a ball (not sure what they are called). I haven't noticed any real problems yet such as more tangled hair or anything. Anybody feel free to let me know what you think of this!

updated by @abbigirl: 01/13/15 09:25:42PM
Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

A loofa? Idk if thats how you spell it.. but that sounds like what your talking about :)

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

i got some shampoo recently but when i got on the shower i was like now what. i didnt know how to apply it. but thats a good idea, ill use it next time i use shampoo.

Abbigirl
@abbigirl
12 years ago
14 posts

its not quite a loofah although that would work too. i'll attach a pic!

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Of cool, a body puff. :)

What sort of shampoo are you using anyway? I use the diluted Bronner's liquid with a bottle that has a tip applicator and just squeeze it between the parts and rub my scalp with my finger tips lightly.

Side note: a lot of the "lather" that shampoos have are due to sulfates which aren't necessarily good for your hair.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u dont need alotta lather i just use the bar and rub on my head rub my head a lil more then rinse simple

how you can be confused by how to apply shampoo is confusing to me theres only 2 ways pour or rub if battle of liquid pour lil on then rub in if bar rub on then rub in

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Abbigirl
@abbigirl
12 years ago
14 posts

im not confused about it, i was just using a lot of shampoo to get all the parts of my head. i use just 4 dreads (dreadlockshampoo.com). from what i know and have researched there are no harmful ingredients or any residues. and yes a body puff! couldn't think of what it was called.

Leah
@leah
12 years ago
32 posts

good idea. I'm glad it works for you! I call them onion bags. To me they look like the bags that onions come in, just scrunched up!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form