Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

locking gel from dreadlockshampoo.com

GeeWiz
@geewiz
12 years ago
7 posts

so i was looking into the gel they sell at this site, and it looks promising. i was wondering if anyone has actually tried this and if it actually works... also i was reading about people getting free samples of it? is that possible? if so how would you go about getting a little?

updated by @geewiz: 01/13/15 09:25:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the free samples come with soap or other products puurchased many ppl have tried it and liked it..i just use the soaps which are amazing..the best soaps for dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GeeWiz
@geewiz
12 years ago
7 posts

alright, my dreads are starting to section themselves, coming up on my first month, would it be a good idea to twist it into each strand that is sectioning this early in the process? also i was gonna order one of the shampoos when i order the gel, but with all the weird names its hard to tell what they would smell like, can u tell me what each one smells like, if possible?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

there was a post aboiyt it

nagtyg champa and patchuli odviosly are kinda earthy hippie scents that are ammmmazzzing

satsuma is a light floral ish scent

dragons bloods more a licoricy scent (or well anice like)

the herbal is kinda floral too i think

mints odviosly minty

nag champa and dragons blood are probly most populsar

tho nag champa is lil strong for some ppl but i love it

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm getting married at them end of June. My locks are over 5 years old, and will probably be closer to 6 by the time of the wedding....

But... I do still have some new babies forming on top of my head. Normally I don't even think about them, but with the wedding coming up, I'll be in a nice tux and it'll be rather formal for my normal day to day life, so I wanted to try out the gel and see if I could help coax those new locks along. I just finished the first jar of the gel it lasted 2 months or so. And I just ordered another.

It's kind of strange stuff. I don't know how old you are, but if you remember gack or slime from back in the day, it feels like that. It's slimy, but obviously water based. It washes out of your hair after every wash. But it dries kind of hard. Not like a rock, but but does make your hair a little prickly.

I liked it, though. Obviously, I'm buying more. In the 2 months that I have been using it, the locks I was trying it on really started knotting up and staying in place. It won't help them grow longer faster, but it is helping keep them looking more managed

GeeWiz
@geewiz
12 years ago
7 posts

thanks you guys! everyone on this site is so friendly! i wont trust anyone else opinions but u experienced people. i really hope your wedding goes great too, and thanks for your input i think im gonna try it out :)

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

if you have sections it's great, but if you are going natural & don't have sections yet just wait until you are sectioned. it smells awesome. & the description Baba gave is spot on, i just didn't have the words to explain it, he did.

the shampoos both nag champa & dragons blood are amazing.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i have never smeled axe anbd assume the comercials are crap and it smells like chemical garbage or toxic waste but the nag champa from dreadlockshampoo will have hippie chicks burrying their faces in your hair

they probly wont be wanting to fight over you though, more likely be willing to share

ok maybe thats an exageration too but lets just say that yoir drfeads will smell so samazing ..and people have saidf just having the bars in theuir bathrooms made them want to spend all day in there

if it can make your bathroom the best smelling room in the house imagine what it will do for your dreads

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form