Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Separating locs after washing

Leonard Bartholomew
@leonard-bartholomew
12 years ago
1 posts

Hi everyone! I'm having a small problem. I was my hair once a week but every time I do it, loose hairs tend to spin and ravel around other locs and try to form congos so, I separate them. But lately, I've been wanting to wash my hair more often. I stopped trying to put my washes on a schedule and pay more attention to how my hair feels which makes me want to wash at least twice a week. I've read that I shouldn't separate more than once a week though so I tried to separate every other washing. I did it but, I felt like I was damaging my hair. Separating after every washing feels best but if I wash more than once I week, I'm worrying I could be doing it too often. On the positive side, my roots don't feel any weaker, and it could just be my imagination but, it seems like there's less loose hairs now since I've started washing more often.So my question is, is it alright for me to continue washing my hair twice or even three times a week? Or should I just foce myself to wait once a week?

Also, some info on my hair: African American texture; locs are only 4 months old but most of them feel knotted tightly; I don't know how long they are now but they were started my hair was about 3 inches; I've been using Vicki's fantastic Liquid Shampoo which I give all the credit to my fast progress

I also have a second question: What's the difference between concentrated Aloe Vera and the regular one when applied to hair? Is it better? I ask because my hair has been a little dry and I heard it can help to hide my frizz a little.

updated by @leonard-bartholomew: 01/13/15 09:25:36PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can wash and seperate as often as u need or wanttoo

the aloe i would read the ingredients if theres anythng but aloe dont use it u want only pure aloe nothing else

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tyler3
@borntodie
12 years ago
25 posts

I have a question myself....when should aloe vera be used and for what? When I bought it, I used it for twisting,and then I stopped because I realized it was useless. Now, I don't know what to use it for. I guess if my hair gets really dry?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

you answered your own question yes when the hair gets rreally dry

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form