Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Sea salt solution

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

I dont get this. i hear that spraying my dreads with sea salt makes them lock up faster, but when i do do it it seems like it makes my hair less likely to knot up. it dries out my hair like its supposed to, but makes it very straight. i dont know if i should keep spraying this in my hair. Anyone have any suggestions. also im mixing about 2 tbs sea salt in about 24 oz water

updated by @k-money: 02/14/15 04:44:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

how often are u doing it how much are u soaking it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

im soaking it twice a week after i wash it. and i spray it liberally, then dry them with a towel and let it air dry

soaring eagle said:

how often are u doing it how much are u soaking it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the towel is why the towel drying is straightening it

--
Luke Stanton
@luke-stanton
12 years ago
61 posts

this does not answer your question but deals with the solution. i had a spray bottle but i think it got clogged when using the solution. is there a specific bottle that works best or did i just put too much salt in the solution?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

probly too much it should be 3 1/2 %

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Should be about that the concentration, plus you shouldn't be spraying it after you wash. You should be doing it before. Salt will dry out your scalp and make you super itchy.

I spray it on about an hour before I wash, and then rinse it before I use any soap or whatever you use to wash. You won't notice locking right away. But in a few month you'll start seeing more progress than you would if you didn't use it.

Salt's not a quick fix to make locks grow faster. It just helps egg them on

k money
@k-money
12 years ago
114 posts

but whats the salt gonna do in only an hour??

Baba Fats said:

Should be about that the concentration, plus you shouldn't be spraying it after you wash. You should be doing it before. Salt will dry out your scalp and make you super itchy.

I spray it on about an hour before I wash, and then rinse it before I use any soap or whatever you use to wash. You won't notice locking right away. But in a few month you'll start seeing more progress than you would if you didn't use it.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the salt will do plenty in only 10 minutes

k money said:

but whats the salt gonna do in only an hour??

Baba Fats said:

--
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

In that hour it dries your hair out just enough. Salt draws water and moisture out of your hair. But if you leave it in too long it'll draw moisture out of your scalp as well. and if you leave it in continuously, it'll just keep drying out your scalp until it starts to itchuncontrollably. Salt doesn'tdissolve in oil. So the oil that your scalp produces wont dissolve the salt. it'll just stay there until you wash it next. This will make your hair brittle and your scalp raw.

That hour or 2 draws enough moisture out of your hair to dry it out enough to make it more ready to tangle without damaging it.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form