Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

plz help!!!

Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

hi :) im a bit over the 2 month mark in my dread journey so far and i am encountering a problem. i did my dreads myself at home, i used the backcombing meathod. i found this site a couple of weeks ago and have been letting my hair do its thing ever since. i dont think my hair liked the way i sectioned it because there are alot ofdreads that i created that seem to be trying to separate into twoor more seperate locks. now it looks kind of funny because some of my dreads arebig and fat at the bottom and the parts that are growing out look like they want to be a bit smaller than i made them. so im wondering if i should maybe root flip some of them just to help them separate theway the naturally want to go and then maybe later on i can rip em apart. i already had to rip one appart it was trying to make 3 seperate locks and was a big mess until i separated it. i know most of you are against root flipping but it wouldnt be to tighten up the roots it would be to help my locks to separate the way they naturally seem to want to go. any advice on what i should do with this delema would be helpful. thanx.

updated by @arielle-vogel: 01/13/15 09:25:32PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

no definately dont root flip

u can split em or wrap the roots and try to force em to fuse back together

or couldcomb em out and let em reform naturaly too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Maybe you can comb them out and let them section themselves naturally. Then you can either keep them forming naturally, or backcomb/twist & rip then. I combed out a few of mine a little while ago for the same reason, and it only took them like a week or so to section themselves, and it feels a lot more natural that way.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

If she wraps them to force them to recombine couldn't this still be an issue later on with other new growth (considering that this seems to be their own natural partings?)

I think that you should just work them apart or let them form naturally (as already mentioned.)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,639 posts

its possible yes i do think combing them out and letting them reform naturaly is best splitting them will break every hair in them maybe not into enough peices to weaken them too much but it stll breaks every hair

combing is the best option i believe

but wanted to offer more option just caue often most ppl are hesitant to comb em out and start over even if its only a couple dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Arielle Vogel
@arielle-vogel
12 years ago
24 posts

thanx guys i think i will continue to let my hair do what its going to do naturally amd maybe help them to separate if thats what it wants to do. i dont think i can comb them out iv tried this on one before and even with thick conditioner the knots are pretty tight and hard to comb thru. if they continue to grow apart i will eventually have to separate them somehow. and i wont flip the roots.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form