Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

dry dreads

Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
12 years ago
10 posts

So my dreads are about 3 months old now and seem to be extremely dried out towards the ends. Is there anything i could use on them to help the dryness?

updated by @sydney-noel: 01/13/15 09:25:24PM
Sarah Weathers
@sarah-weathers
12 years ago
42 posts

i think pure aloe helps.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

are u useing sea salyt? if so stiop

u can use aloe but its lil early to be conditioning unless u realy got to

what type hair u got?

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
12 years ago
10 posts

right now Im washing my dreads with unscented natural shampoo and adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil and orange peel oil. could that be drying them out? Also I did the baking soda wash the other day for the first time. My hair before i dreaded it was kinda curly and wavy, but it was pretty thin.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

eucolyptus sure will why are u adding that? orabnge might too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Breana
@breana
12 years ago
19 posts
Are you doing an apple cider vinegar rinse? That would also help.
Sydney Noel
@sydney-noel
12 years ago
10 posts

I was just adding them for there sent, but Ill stop. I heard rosemary oil is good, so ill start adding that instead. Also im going to try the ACV wash once I get a chance to pick some up.

Sarah Curran
@sarah-curran
12 years ago
10 posts

my dreads are 2 months old now and i have been washing them with baking soda,tea tree oil,lavender and rosemary. they are getting pretty dry now as i had bleached my hair before dreading. ive bought acv but not sure what i do with it as of yet. i heard mixing it with coconut butter is good ill have to look it up.

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

ACV will definitely make them softer without making them too soft. In the dreaducation page there are instructions for mixxing ACV but I found that if I take a gallon pitcher of water, put about 3 TBSP of ACV and 20 drops each of essential oils it works well for me. :)

ACV should always follow BS washes because the BS dries you out.

Also, dreadlocks shampoo from http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/ leaves the hair pretty soft and smelling fabulous.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form