Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr.Bronners and suggestions about how to use it, any?

RollRemedies
@rollremedies
12 years ago
12 posts

Peace friends,

Recently purchased Dr.Bronners 18-1 Hemp Peppermint Castile Soap(liquid). Prior to now I have been using the BS wash, about half cup mixed into a 1gallon pitcher. I have found that while the wash is effective it's still leaves my hair with a kinda funky scent, I'm a frequent Gym goer so sweat is a friend of mine, I'm hoping the new peppermint soap will help with the scent. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to perhaps mix the Bronner's with BS? and if so what ratio?

Thanks!

updated by @rollremedies: 01/13/15 09:25:17PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

u can or just use it but

dilute it alot 12 times more water then soaop

and if u got hard water it wont work

also the dreadlockshampoo.com soaps smell way better and keep u smelling amazing for days or longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Dr. B's needs to be diluted anywhere from 12-40 times. I used it for a long time, but I know what you mean. I loved how it smelled when I used it as soap, but when I washed my hair with it, I ended up with a mild wet dog smell for about a day. It went away as soon as my hair dried, and it was so mild that no one could smell it. But I could because my nose is right there.

The dreadlockshampoos soaps smell better but I have been having trouble getting all of the residue out from it. That's my problem, though. No one else, who uses it, has seemed to have had that problem.

I'd recommend using it as is. You could mix it with BS, but like Eagle said, if you have hard water, it wont rinse out well. And the ACV rinse wont get the rest out either. So find out if you have hard water first. Wash you hands with it. If they feel dry as a bone afterwards, you should be good. If they feel even a little slippery, then you might have softer water

RollRemedies
@rollremedies
12 years ago
12 posts

Thansk Baba! I dont reckon I have hard water, when I mix BS into it the water is almost clear

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form