Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Washing Too Often?

paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

So, even before I started my dreadlocks, my hair always has become greasy fast, after 2 days without washing. I wash it every 2-3 days. Is that a problem? Am I washing too often? Will it make the progress slower? I'm using a natural shampoo I got from the pharmacy. Would it be better if I used baking soda? Thanks!

updated by @paul-chirita: 01/13/15 09:25:16PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes use baking soda or a dread shamooo not somethomg "natural" from a pharmacy if its from a pharmacy and says its natural that means it probly is chemical garbage with only 1 natural ingredient

you cant wash too often but being greasy is the result of over washing usualy so washing 1 daty less often will help u get less greasy slowly so will baking soda

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
paulmarley
@paul-chirita
12 years ago
40 posts

Thanks for the response! I'll try baking soda then.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

switch to the baking soda & space the washings out more as you can, my hair was super greasy/oily before too, but switching what i washed with & then taking it from there helped a lot

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Washing two or three times a week seems to be ideal. Your hair gets greasy until it gets used to you not washing it so often. If the natural shampoo you got is definitely natural then it'll be OK I guess, but baking soda is good, and you can also add oils that are beneficial, and because it's a rinse, you don't have to touch your scalp and undo any progress.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form