Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Why couldn't we help BEFORE you waxed?

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

This question has been nagging at me lately. So many people only find us AFTER they have gone to a salon and waxed their dreads to hell and back and I want to know why!

I know most everyone did their research before dreading. It's not generally a hairstyle one just wanders into a hair salon for on a whim. Why aren't we coming up in the search before dreads but suddenly people find us mere hours after having their dreads done?

So what I want to know is, what question led you here? What was it about getting your dreads done that changed your search patterns? Was it merely coincidence or a specific situation? Or did you already find us before hand but needed to experience the damage before you could believe us?

I'm not trying to be antagonizing. I only want to know so we can maybe reach out better to help more people before they get ripped off!

updated by @tied-up-in-knots: 02/14/15 09:48:48AM
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

The first website that came up when I searched the Internet on dreads was DreadheadHQ, and it seemed...legit. It seemed like they knew what they were talking about, because my opinion was that...why would you have tons of information, products, FAQs, if you're a complete beginner on the subject? So I trusted the site. It was only after I'd had my hair backcombed and waxed that I had more questions. I woke up and there were lots of loose hair, so I typed the question into Google like a paranoid person, and I found this site. I think most people find information from bad sites, but when they have worries, this is the site that comes up, because so many discussions made on here are people asking the same questions, the same worries. Things that DHHQ and other sites ignore, cos they're not a community, just a website with "information"

James Turk
@james-turk
12 years ago
107 posts

My first set was 10 years ago, before this site was around, that's how I got sucked in. I found this site just by doing a google image search for dreads and tons of ppl's pics from this site showed up. So I think as far as image searches this one is about the first site that pops up, maybe ppl are first searching for how to do it, there are tons of articles of online telling ppl to use wax, even places not trying to take your money tell ppl to use it. After they go get it done they come home and search for images, find this site and say "oh shit". That's how I think it happens.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well i can tell you what it will take to beat them and come up highest

if you look under the memberzs in the menu u will see members websites

theres now only 3

we have almost 8000 members

if only 10% srtart sa dread related website with dreads and dreadlocks linked back here t would get us on the 1st page for those terms not to mention bring us alot of trafic from those sites themselves

linking other key words or phrases as well will help us rank higher for those terms

the way google works is 1st it ranks you based on whats on your sites pages, but then it looks at the entuire web and who links to you using what words as links and judhges the relevency of the site (is it dread related) as well as the authority (who links to it) and you pass on whats called link juice the more link juice your site gets the higher the authority on a given subject you are

this is why wiki ranks so high millions of sites linking to it on every conceivable subject makes it the highest authority on everything

so if every 1 of you set up a blog or a info site or even just an online \photo gallery with a page of text and some links here it would help a ton

quality links not spammy links that site that hacked us and will not be named has twice as many links to it as we do but get almost no traffic cause all the links are spam links in blog comments

instead links in the main body content are best concider themk refference links the refference being the site your site conciders the highest authority on the subject

if we had a few thousand we would anchor our position at number 1

dhhq and dreadlocks.com have 1 advantage that we cant overcome easily

domain age

seniority is also a rankmibng factor

and theres 1 thing that i think we ned to complain about

dmoz.org the open directory project is a human edited directory and being included in it also affects your ranking oin other search engines

well the dradlocks category has \

dreadlocks.com dreadheadhq and howtodread (or perfectdreadlocks) forget which 3 dhhq clones

nothi9ng else and they refuse to list anything else there are thousands of sites but they only alow those 3..im guessing dhhq 's jonny scumbag is the editror

but

like i said if most of you creatd a site ..easy to do and i can help you..then linked here that would help us out alot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

Well I can see why we couldn't help in your case ;p

I really do consider myself lucky when I read our members wax stories. I'm way too lazy and cheap to have actually gone that route, and I'm against putting junk in my hair, so rather than getting waxy dreads I just honestly felt I couldn't have dreads at one point in my search. Which now seems utterly ridiculous!

Then I discovered twist and rip, natural dreads, and S.E.

James Turk said:

My first set was 10 years ago, before this site was around, that's how I got sucked in. I found this site just by doing a google image search for dreads and tons of ppl's pics from this site showed up. So I think as far as image searches this one is about the first site that pops up, maybe ppl are first searching for how to do it, there are tons of articles of online telling ppl to use wax, even places not trying to take your money tell ppl to use it. After they go get it done they come home and search for images, find this site and say "oh shit". That's how I think it happens.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if you all read this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/members-websites

and set uopp a dread related site linku]=ing back here we will be found 1st

how dreadheadhq did itwas iffer discounts if you crate a site linking to them

so they got thousands of sites that are all basicly clones of dhhq

the way to beat them is to do the same only better

sites with real good info all colaborating with the info here all interlinking to here and some to eachother

every 1 of em should link here but can helo]p to link to 2 or 3 of the other sites too

which link hrre

--
Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

So it would have to be a site I owned? Not a blogger typed website?

soaring eagle said:

if you all read this

http://www.dreadlockssite.com/page/members-websites

and set uopp a dread related site linku]=ing back here we will be found 1st

how dreadheadhq did itwas iffer discounts if you crate a site linking to them

so they got thousands of sites that are all basicly clones of dhhq

the way to beat them is to do the same only better

sites with real good info all colaborating with the info here all interlinking to here and some to eachother

every 1 of em should link here but can helo]p to link to 2 or 3 of the other sites too

which link hrre

Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Would you have to pay for the website? Cos I have...no money whatsoever. But it does sound interesting. Although I know nothing about all that HTML website stuff.

Lindsey3
@lindsey3
12 years ago
64 posts

I linked my youtube to here.. does that help? :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

yes and no it helps some ppl find us but u only get 1 link credit per domauin (tho u can get multriple keywords credits) and i have a feeling youtube ads nofollow to those linksto discourage spammers which makes them useless
having your own website on your own domain really is the biggest help especialy if its dread related and the domain name as well like lindseysdreads.com

Lindsey said:

I linked my youtube to here.. does that help? :)

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form