Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nice to meet you :)

fire dancer
@fire-dancer
12 years ago
13 posts

Hello all, my name is Heather. I have an amazing husband and two beautiful children, James (5) and Jine' (3). We are all redheads!I had been toying with the idea of dreads for years, and I had been doing research more and more frequently. I always came across the "dread kits" but I was way to cheap to spend the money (which is also why I had never gotten them done "professionally") I am so glad I found this site before I started my journey.I have been letting my hair do it's thing for a little over a month now. I started out with neglect and free form. After showing my hubs several photos from member albums, I came to the conclusion that he prefers thinner dreads. In the spirit ofcompromise and because he has been so supportive (he was, after all, the one who encouraged me to follow my inner voice). I wastrying to keep mine separated into smaller sections, I felt I was undoing any process my hair was making on its own. So, I tnr'd it up! Then I sprayed it with a sea salt solution, and VIOLA!!! I am sooooo in love with my babies! I kind of wish I had done it from the start...then again I am glad that my hair was liberated from the residue first. Plus there are quite a few on my crown that are completely free form. I am loving the transformation, my outside is begging to match my inside :) I am looking forward to sharing my journey with you all.

updated by @fire-dancer: 01/13/15 09:24:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

just proves that sometimes being poor and cheap has its advantages :)

hope we get to see some pictures soon red dreads are awesome

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

Hi Heather,

I bet your dreads are going to look gorgeous! Can't wait to see pics. :)

fire dancer
@fire-dancer
12 years ago
13 posts

Thanks for the love SE and Valerie :) I have several (I feel a bit obsessed) pic up on my profile!

Nogawar
@nogawar
12 years ago
10 posts
Fear of salons saved me, being perpetually broke as well.Hello and welcome!

fire dancer said:

Thanks for the love SE and Valerie :) I have several (I feel a bit obsessed) pic up on my profile!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form