Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Seriously, ouch!

Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Jesus, it seriously hurts ripping out these congos! :xI'm not tender headed...AT ALL, but when it comes to splitting these things, it hurts so bad! I almost want to....not..rip them out. But I want to keep my 40 crazy dreads! /: Every time I wash, my hair dries, then all the super knotties at the roots decide to roll up, and cause me pain. I seriously rip congos daily, just from sleeping on my dreads. Oh well, all part of the process I guess.
updated by @matthew: 02/14/15 04:44:58AM
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
oh damn, nevermind, I was gonna say just rip them more often and you don't really feel it as bad,sometimes when I don't rip for a few weeks/month those are what hurt, but I usually do it while being concentrated on something else,oh yeah,, an don't let anyone else do it for you, I remember someone doing that and they pulled like they were trying to rip them both off my head in opposite directions, bastard hahaha
Klete
@klete
15 years ago
47 posts
Yea, keeping them seperate sucks. You might try doing it when their wet, seems to not hurt as much and they seperate a little easier
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Hah, yeahhh, it's pretty bad.Lol, my best friend wanted to rip one, and I was like..."Uhmm, sure!"And sure enough, one dread slipped, and yanked the hell out of one, and my head went flying! Ha! Iain said:
oh damn, nevermind, I was gonna say just rip them more often and you don't really feel it as bad,

sometimes when I don't rip for a few weeks/month those are what hurt, but I usually do it while being concentrated on something else,
oh yeah,, an don't let anyone else do it for you, I remember someone doing that and they pulled like they were trying to rip them both off my head in opposite directions, bastard hahaha
Matthew
@matthew
15 years ago
109 posts
Yeah, I've tried that, but my hair doesn't care.If you've seen my hair before dreads, you'd understand why. Klete said:
Yea, keeping them seperate sucks. You might try doing it when their wet, seems to not hurt as much and they seperate a little easier
Daniel
@daniel
15 years ago
118 posts
agreed. I have a love/hate relationship with congos
Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

im having the same problem. figure out how to solve that problem?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

do it when wet its easier hmm well good nbewas is if they have tio be ripped every day then they are dreading fast as hell and will mature sooner and need less ripping sooner

if your using sea salt stop

i know everyone wants to speed up the process but a speedy proccess means daily ripping

let then dread at a slower pace and u wont havce as many problems ..theoreticly anyway..its worth a shot

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Cathy Givans
@cathy-givans
13 years ago
44 posts

So are we talking about separating??? I separate mine several times throughout the day. It's my overcompulsive behavior, but apparently it is saving me from tons of pain. My dreads and I just celebrated our one month yesterday and I already have six of what I would call actual dreads and at least three more that are working their way towards that. I am running out of loose hair already. Even at separating several tims a day (okay, more like 2 or 3) I find myself having to actually rip hair sometimes because a section has found its way in there and I don't want it in there...am I totally off of what we are talking about?

Aika
@aika
13 years ago
57 posts

i do it wet and dry every day and i use beads and no sea salt spray but somehow some of them manage to grab onto each other for good. it must have something to do with how i wear my hair.

/ 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form