Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How do you make dreadlocks without wax???

Ricky Aka Ricky
@ricky-aka-ricky
12 years ago
34 posts

I know how to backcomb/twist & rip but how do you keep them in???
I don't want them to fall apart or loosten up, how do i get them to hold without wax? anyone? :S

updated by @ricky-aka-ricky: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

knots

ok look i never backcomv]bed or twist and ripped

i jusat didnt comb and they dreaded

wax precvents dreading if it holds how do new knots form? they cant

u never get any more dreaded from day 1 only compact hair in wax making them hard srtiff and gross

just let them happen

so simple

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the real truth is that without wax you donthave to "make" dreadlocks at all you can simply let them happen wax prevents dreads if you do "make" them you backcomb then wax then all you ever have is waxy backcombed hair that never truly dreads these are called candles by meany dreasdheads not to be mean, we think of wax users as victims of greedy scumbags like jonny clean..

but even jonny admits that wax will prevent any new knots from forming what does happen tho is alot like rolling play do you palm roll the hair into a core of wax it gets stuck and the wax hardends as the "dreads" get hardfeer it tricks you into thinking they are mature

even though if you look close the hair looks relatively straight just stuck together

when you split a candle open and see the crap stuck inside its disgusting

but whats worse is after 5 years yuou can pull it apart with find=gers ..split it completely in 2.. then 10 seconds of palm rolling and it glues itself back together and looks like a perfect dread again.. and thats with leftover wax thats been in there 5 years through washings (and no new wax was applies in 4 years)

--
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
Im not really sure how its done, but I know its possible I jus met a girl whose locks are a year and a half old and she did backcombing and didn't use wax
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

i hope u didnt use wax

--
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
No she didn't use wax. I went with the natural way personally
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

good

now if the natural way..works then ofcourse no wax is the way if dreads can form from nothing then ofcourse they can form from backcombed hair thats not waxy

but wax is well known to prevent dreading..

they prey on your fear making you think idf you wash your hair and its not stuck in wax it will fall apart and never drad

but..if it can dr\ead without ever having been put together to fall apart then why fear? you never had to backcomb at all anyway

--
Danika Skalet
@danika-skalet
12 years ago
37 posts
Exactly, the girl I was talking to was really impressed that I hadn't done anything but wash and separate them. I'm. Really glad I decided to go the all natural way, its the way I recommend, plus backcombing is so damagiing to the hair. Glad I found this site before I even started, it saved me a lot of trouble.
Mindy
@mindy
12 years ago
12 posts

SE answered, but it comes down to if you want something that looks like dreads right away or if you want real dreadlocks where the hair locks itself. There's NO way to get real dreadlocks right away. Salons make it look like it (kind of) but all the prep methods do is help section your hair and hold it so you have a little control in the way they form. My hair is long and tangly and likes to grab and try to congo with locks on the other side of my head which is painful, so I did some light twist & rip just to get it in sections that would work for me. Loosening, frizzing, stray hairs, it's part of how the real dreadlocks form. Nothing "makes" them but time.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form