Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

BS/ ACV before dreading

B likes Tea
@b-likes-tea
12 years ago
21 posts
My very first post! Woohoo!Anyways, I don't have dreads yet but I have been doing the baking soda and apple cider vinegar thing to wash my hair once a week (no other shampoo, etc) for about 2 months now and I had read that when you first get dreads you should wash your hair twice a week for the first few weeks.When I first get my dreads should I follow the twice a week advice or should I just keep doing my thing and only wash once a week? I have Caucasian, somewhat frizzy, wavy, almost waist length hair if that helps any. Also, it starts to get a lil oily after 4 days post wash.~B
updated by @b-likes-tea: 01/13/15 09:23:56PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if it gets oily at 4 days wash at 4 or 5 days and dont "get dreads" let dreads happen waist length hair will dread itself fast the frizziness wiol help

stop combing today

and see how fast it dreads itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emily Holman
@emily-holman
12 years ago
15 posts

SE my daughter now wants dreads and her hair is down to her waist. Every morning when she wakes up the whole back of her head is literally in a giant ball. is there anything i can do to help it separate some so that i'm not ripping apart so much hair in the morning. i know rubber bands aren't any good but is there any alternative because i don't know where i would even begin toseparate that mess.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

beads or wraps or peyote stitches peyote stitches are probly gbest cause they are flexable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
B likes Tea
@b-likes-tea
12 years ago
21 posts

Thanks SE! Oh and by "get dreads" I meant when I let the dreading process begin =] I'm waiting until after a dear friends wedding (in which I'm a bridesmaid) this summer to begin. I don't mind waiting, I just figure that'll be my last (unlocked) fancy do for a while so I'll just take the time in between to say goodbye to my unlocked hair =]

But my hair really wants to lock, I can tell! Whenever I comb my hair (which takes probably half an hour or so!) I feel like my hair is weeping lol. But you can guarantee after those "I do's" are said not a comb will touch my head!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form