Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hi, I'm Melissa

Melissa Kamerad
@melissa-kamerad
12 years ago
9 posts

Hello everyone. My name is Melissa. I'm 20, I live in Kansas currently. I've lived a lot of places though (I'm a navy brat, and my parents live in Hawaii now, but I chose not to go) California was my most recent in Ventura County before I moved here. I have two daughters Isabelle (22 months) and Lilian (5 months) and an amazing fiance. I'm a CNA at a nursing home and a full-time student trying to get my RN. I get my Associates next spring then off to nursing school for 2 years I go. My dreads are very new, I started them on February 14, 2012.

updated by @melissa-kamerad: 02/14/15 08:48:29AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome (again) but if u could live all these awesome places..including hawaii why would u settle on kansas????????

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Melissa Kamerad
@melissa-kamerad
12 years ago
9 posts

I had a baby June 2010 a day before my HS graduation and my parents got orders to Honolulu, I chose not to go because my mom has a prescription pill problem and I couldn't handle being around her and I couldn't stay in California, there was no jobs and for a studio apartment I'd be lucky to find one for $800 bucks, so I would have been homeless if I stayed. So I decided to start a new life somewhere I've never been before in Kansas because my oldest daughter's dad had family out there.. long story short we broke up.. I have no friends or family here except my boyfriend, but I couldn't be happier. Being on my own is the best.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ah shouldsa guessed it was something like that

i always think of kansas as that state you drive thru and try to stay awake and not kill yourself or was that nebraska that has no changing scenery from bordr to border ..no i think its kansas..yea

--
Melissa Kamerad
@melissa-kamerad
12 years ago
9 posts

yeah that's exactly how it is. it was a total culture shock for me, I always lived in bigger cities. I don't have friends here because everyone is well.. rednecks lol my boyfriend is normal though thank goodness

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds like when i went to live in the bible belt i lived with the only normal ppl anywhere around..weird places to live

most places the people make the place worthwhile and some places the ppl make the places totaly suck

--
Amy Lee2
@amy-lee2
12 years ago
87 posts

The bible belt blows. Melissa Im in OKC and have lived in OK my whole life. You have my condolences dear.

Melissa Kamerad
@melissa-kamerad
12 years ago
9 posts

yeah I agree. Everyone is super conservative compared to where I moved from in SoCal. No alcohol on Sundays and other ridiculous ass laws. I don't get it, they just recently got rid of domestic violence laws in Topeka,KS because they don't have money to enforce it.. so you can beat your wife, but can't smoke a joint in your own house because they'd rather spend the money busting people for weed. They also passed a law saying that you can be fired or evicted for being gay.. I don't get it, these people don't make any sense.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hows that constitutional?

but bet u cant be fired or evicted for being cristian huh

Melissa Kamerad said:

yeah I agree. Everyone is super conservative compared to where I moved from in SoCal. No alcohol on Sundays and other ridiculous ass laws. I don't get it, they just recently got rid of domestic violence laws in Topeka,KS because they don't have money to enforce it.. so you can beat your wife, but can't smoke a joint in your own house because they'd rather spend the money busting people for weed. They also passed a law saying that you can be fired or evicted for being gay.. I don't get it, these people don't make any sense.

--
Melissa Kamerad
@melissa-kamerad
12 years ago
9 posts

lol I could never live somewhere like Oklahoma or Kansas my whole life. I'd go crazy like the rest of the people here

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form