Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Does palm rolling make dreads skinnier?

Aya Heartright
@aya-heartright
12 years ago
91 posts

I feel like I should put a disclaimer on here that I know that most people on here will say that palm rolling does jack squat. My response to that is that it depends what your expectations are. If you are expecting palm rolling to make your dreads all neat, uniform and johnny clean then no. It's going to happen *cough, thankfully* I've found about a 15% success rate when i roll after a seasalt rinse. Most will go back to the way that they were put those ones that just needed an extra little piush to get the loops sucked will see some difference. I would say that it's definitely not worth it unless you are off work and bored and have an hour to kill.

With that said today I was wondering if palm rolling makes dreads skinnier? I've heard this before if it's excessive rolling. I only do it about once a month for an hour, 2 tops. But I also would prefer nice phat dreads as I don't have that many.

updated by @aya-heartright: 01/13/15 09:23:00PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

no idea since i never palm rolled ever but i imagine it could and probly would

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
ashley roseman
@ashley-roseman
12 years ago
9 posts

I was palm rolling with wet hair in the shower and seen some of them straighten out but then i decided that palm rolling couldnt be good for the hair. It just seems that alot of breakage would be happening. Thats just me though. I dont think id do it anymore for not much results.

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

it doesn't do anything, it's just the visual effect.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

From experience it does thin them out a little bit, but more so because it pulls out hair from the root and breaks hairs into pieces. It does more damage that is worth

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form