Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

My babies are dreading at the root!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I'm in my third month and my dreads are finally starting to dread at the root! Yay, this is so exciting! After I put them in with tnr I decided to neglect them instead of doing anything to them, and after a week or two and a few washes a lot of them completely un-did at the roots, some as much as 3 inches. 3 inches of loose hair...at times it was a struggle not to root-flip or crochet them but I didn't. I just left them completely alone.

I'm so glad I did because now amazing things are happening to them and it's so cool to wake up every morning and see that while I was sleeping they dreaded up!

Just posting this for anyone who might be worried about loose root<33

updated by @circle-dancer: 02/14/15 09:59:57AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats completely normal actualy kinda fast usualy they will be loose alot longer

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Yay! I swear mine are starting at 1 month! :O Maybe I am crazy but a LOT of them feel like it andsince I have done this before I think I know! I could be wrong of course since it WAS 9 years ago I did this before but I am excited too!!! I also used wax in the beginning last time and am not this time and I swear things are going so much quicker!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ofcourse thry go quicker wax prevents dreadung

how can hair knot when its stuck together in hardened wax

--
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Yeah I think it's because of my hair type. It's always been super silky fine but very thick, and it's always knotted soooo easily. It was meant for dreads. When I brushed my regular hair before it would be knotting two seconds later.

Tied up in knots
@tied-up-in-knots
12 years ago
202 posts

I'm wary to say that (some) my roots are dreading but I can't think of any other way to describe what's going on there. It's not loose hair anymore and it's not the TnR hair anymore...it's completely different and feels kind spongy-ish like the super matted flappy dread-babies I have going on.

I'm trying hard to contain my excitement about all the progress I think I'm seeing. I need to get a better camera and post pictures so people can tell me if I'm just imagining progress!

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Spongy.... good way of putting it. Mine also.

Blessed Earth Mama
@blessed-earth-mama
12 years ago
72 posts

Whip I think we have similar hair. It is one of the reasons I started this journey again. I was so sick and tired of being in pain from brushing out tangles. I finally said to myself why am I fighting this!? And spongy is a good way of putting it Tied up in knots! I can feel that going on in a lot of my dreads. Mostly the bigger ones seem to be doing it more/quicker. But it is not really visible especially on camera because there is still so much loose hair/fuzz on the outside of the dreads.

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

lucky you. mine is doing this weird flat paddle zig zag thing near the roots. it sucks.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

thats it dreasding

--
 / 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form