Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Aloe Vera texturizer????

Kimmy Smith
@kimmy-smith
12 years ago
1 posts
I was going through and throwing out some of my hair products and stumbled upon an unopened product purchased for me by my mother (bless her little heart if she sees something hippie ish she always gets it lol) the brand is Love, Peace &the Planet by TIGI and it's called Eco Freako cherry almond texturizer. It feels a little waxy but not sticky. The number one ingredient is aloe very juice, fallowed by safflower oil. I used a teeny tiny but on one of my crazy dreads in the front. It smothed the fly away. I didn't wash my hands and it did not dry sticky. My dread feels about the same since its dried, it's just much smoother. Anybody used this? I don't want to use wax and this DOES contain natural beeswax but it's way down the list. Anyone herd of this? What do you think? I'm not going to use it anymore for the moment. I'm off work for 3 days but would be nice to not look homeless when I go back to work lol. So, all input welcome and appreciated.Peace and Love-Kimmy
updated by @kimmy-smith: 01/13/15 09:22:42PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

if it contains waxid vpbe weary

it is exrtemely expensic-ve stuff foe[rsome reaon 25-50 or 60 a container i dunno why

i would use just aloe

but keep in mind

if u do its conditioning and will slw progres making u look "homelkess" longer

i would advise using nothing just time em back neatly

but if u must then just aloe nothing else

and definately ni[othingh contasining wax

thasts meant for straight hair so wax will be easy to wsh out..not so in dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raych'll
@raychll
12 years ago
22 posts

i just put some aloe in my hair today since i gotta stand in front of babylon and wanted to tame the frizz. I was a bit worried about the conditioning effects, and if it would dry funky like with residue or stickiness, but thus far (like 2 hours lol) it seems pretty nice with neither of the aforementioned problems, and my hair doesnt seem any softer. I only used it on the very top & front but it sure tamed the flyaways and i got some pretty crazy ones. As for the TIGI product I've never tried it, but im not big on store-bought products anyway. So ya, conditioning will setback progress. But on the other hand, everyone has different texture hair, like my hairs always been really dry, and ill sometimes add some scented oils (arabic oud) to the ends and i don't think it affects my hair negatively. on the contrary, makes me smell great :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form