dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

WHAT INGREDIENTS SHOULD I STAY AWAY FROM

Jessica7
@jessica7
12 years ago
4 posts

ORGANIC SHAMPOO BARS?!

WHAT INGREDIENTS SHOULD I STAY AWAY FROM?

i know i should go for like a peppermint or tea tree oil shampoo, i kinda want mint but if anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate it

updated by @jessica7: 01/13/15 09:22:35PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

sls sodum learelk sup=]lphate or antp-y sulphates coconut oils coci=oa butters jojoba shae parafins theres a bunch heather is outr expert abnd vicki

click members and bthen shampoo experts

bring this to their attention

vicki makes the dreadlockshampoo bars that eceryonre raves av[bout

the 4 bucks youd save buying that other stuff isnt worth it since its no good and vicki adds free samples all the time plus thety last a good while

the cheapest option is the baking soda tho

or dr bronners since u dilute it to make 12 times mote by volume but bronnerswiont work in hard water like many organic bars

and whatever u do dont use that crochet hook

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

cocoa butter, coconut oil, glycerin, cocamide dea or mea. i'm sure there are more but i'm too tired right now. my personal opinion on sulfates is they aren't as bad as people think. yes it can be drying, yes it can strip hair color but i personally haven't had any problems. i only wash my hair twice a week so i figure if i use a sulfate shampoo once in a while that its not the end of the world. lush makes some good shampoo bars. squeaky green is a nice one. the dreadlock shampoo bars advertised here are good too but they're best for mature dreads.

Mechell Arant
@mechell-arant
12 years ago
56 posts

stay away from coconut oil if you are allergic to coconut...it's the most cleansing of the oils and works best in any type of water...olive oil is usually too heavy for newer dreads, but seems fine if it's less than a third or so of the oils used. cocoa butter is definately too heavy unless you have very corse or ethnic hair, or unless it's used as less than about 5% of the total oils in the soap, same goes for shea butter...Natural soaps should never have to add glycerin, the saponification process creates it, mass produced soaps remove it during manufacture which is why they have to add it back ...

almost forgot, castor oil makes nice bubbles, but it's very conditioning. it should be way down on the list of ingredients also...

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form