Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

wooltams in summer?

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

how hot do you get wearing wooltams in the summer? or any advice to feel cooler in the summer heat?

updated by @andres2: 01/13/15 09:22:27PM
sambo
@sambo
12 years ago
37 posts
I wore a beani for work all winter and then just changed to a bandanna for summer, I looked like a pirate but that was okay to me ;) good luck
Rhia Marie
@rhia-marie
12 years ago
4 posts

I tried to wear my tam to work today and I was only there 30 minutes when I decided it was too damn hot for it. I've switched to bandanas, headbands, and loose hair ties. :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

a wool tam keeps u cooler not hotter cause u gert the hair up off your back and neck

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
amanda5
@amanda5
12 years ago
12 posts

bandana! and/or ponytail!

Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

eagle thanks but would't wool cause more heat?

soaring eagle said:

a wool tam keeps u cooler not hotter cause u gert the hair up off your back and neck

ah thank you Marie. lucky im not trigger happy. i was on ebay looking for things. ill stick with a headband.

Rhia Marie said:

I tried to wear my tam to work today and I was only there 30 minutes when I decided it was too damn hot for it. I've switched to bandanas, headbands, and loose hair ties. :)

thanks sambo

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

hows wookl "cause heat' wiool insulates it can keep heat in..or keep heat out people who work in steel mills wear wool to protect them from the extreme heat

dresads as long asmine maje me very very hot if i dont tie em yup or tuck em in a tam

a wool rtam that keeps all the hair off my neck and back helps alot byt my brain still gets too hot

i pour warer ovrr my head aklot during summer heat (i hae a neurological condition that makes me not sweat at all so i have to)

but anything thast helps get air to the back and nex]=ck helps cool me diown sone

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Andres2
@andres2
12 years ago
70 posts

ill buy both, a headband and a wooltam. since im buying it, give me a link to one of your shops. that way i support the site. preferably a paypal shop

soaring eagle said:

hows wookl "cause heat' wiool insulates it can keep heat in..or keep heat out people who work in steel mills wear wool to protect them from the extreme heat

dresads as long asmine maje me very very hot if i dont tie em yup or tuck em in a tam

a wool rtam that keeps all the hair off my neck and back helps alot byt my brain still gets too hot

i pour warer ovrr my head aklot during summer heat (i hae a neurological condition that makes me not sweat at all so i have to)

but anything thast helps get air to the back and nex]=ck helps cool me diown sone

Heather
@heather
12 years ago
1,291 posts

wool is too hot for me in the summer. you could always get a light weight cotton one. i wore either cotton or acrylic tams in the summer and my dreads developed just fine. look for one with a more open weave so air passes through more easily.

Ixchel
@ixchel
12 years ago
597 posts

you can use cotton instead, or get a wool tam that has a lot of open areas in it (loose crochet or lacy knit).

but we use wool over our cloth diapers in the summer, babes never seem overheated or sweaty.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form