Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Certain methods make your hair grow longer?

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Ok I'm going to try my best to phrase this question. Does it really matter what kind of dreading method you use? Example::Okay like will my hair grow more if I back comb it or neglect it, etc.. I'm just curious. I don't want to choose a dreading method and later On, I'll be like "Aww man after a year my hair hasn't grown that much, I should have chose a different method. ( I don't want any regrets)
updated by @foxyfresh: 02/14/15 07:36:32AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
well some methods are definastely more damaging but wont affect growth really however, dreads shrink b4 growing.when u go natural the growth/shrinkage rates result in a less drastic change ..some initial shrinkage as it starts to lock thenj a period of near zero growth as the growth and shrinkage cancle eachother outbackcombing ya loose a lot right away, 1/2 or more of the lengthy..then it shrinks more and more till it finaly starts to growtwist and rip ya dont loose nearly as much length right away but u loose some then it shrinks some more b4 it growsif u start natural short though so it dreads as it grows u dont really loose much at all to shrinkage just have a year of slow growth b4 iy speeds upcomb coils and twisting (single orr double) id guess would be closest to twist and rip some shortening but not as dreastic as backcomb..mine started naturaly pretty short i neverr noticed shrinkage but had funny lil dreadies for months at least b4 they started to grow..once they started growing they grew fast

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
I just came from the store. I have all the ingredients that I'm going to use for my hair. My dad told me not to mix baking soda with vinegar in anyway or i will have some kind of explosion. He did a science experiment with that in school and thats what happened.And he also said he heard that vinegar doesn't work for black people's hair only white people( my step dad is white, never even had dreads or made an attempt to try to grow them)So I'm also looking for something else to moisturize my scalp, right now..just in case it doesn't work. soaringeagle said:
well some methods are definastely more damaging but wont affect growth really however, dreads shrink b4 growing.
when u go natural the growth/shrinkage rates result in a less drastic change ..some initial shrinkage as it starts to lock thenj a period of near zero growth as the growth and shrinkage cancle eachother out

backcombing ya loose a lot right away, 1/2 or more of the lengthy..then it shrinks more and more till it finaly starts to grow

twist and rip ya dont loose nearly as much length right away but u loose some then it shrinks some more b4 it grows

if u start natural short though so it dreads as it grows u dont really loose much at all to shrinkage just have a year of slow growth b4 iy speeds up

comb coils and twisting (single orr double) id guess would be closest to twist and rip some shortening but not as dreastic as backcomb..

mine started naturaly pretty short i neverr noticed shrinkage but had funny lil dreadies for months at least b4 they started to grow..once they started growing they grew fast
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
iuve mixewd a lil and it foams like crazy but hes right u do the baking soda 1st,,lthen the vinagar after rincing the baking sodaits no explosion it just creates a lotta foam its how they do those volcano things in science fairsit wont harm u but if u did alot in the right mix it will be a fountain of foamy messi dunno biout vinagar in black hair but it should work fine its hairtry it once if not then use what feels right to ya

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
oh okay. Well i'll give it a try and put i'll put my results in the forums soaringeagle said:
iuve mixewd a lil and it foams like crazy but hes right u do the baking soda 1st,,lthen the vinagar after rincing the baking soda

its no explosion it just creates a lotta foam its how they do those volcano things in science fairs
it wont harm u but if u did alot in the right mix it will be a fountain of foamy mess

i dunno biout vinagar in black hair but it should work fine its hair
try it once if not then use what feels right to ya
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
15 years ago
458 posts
lol, I want to try that now. A dready foam volcano. =D soaringeagle said:
iuve mixewd a lil and it foams like crazy but hes right u do the baking soda 1st,,lthen the vinagar after rincing the baking soda

its no explosion it just creates a lotta foam its how they do those volcano things in science fairs
it wont harm u but if u did alot in the right mix it will be a fountain of foamy mess

Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
Well I can tell you from my own personal experience that if anything via backcombing, my hair has only gotten shorter,when i originally backcombed the tips of my hair reach down to the end of my neck,of course it does look a lot better nowonly recently am I noticing the new growth starting to make a difference though,
tha tron
@tha-tron
15 years ago
147 posts
No your dad is wrong! Go to youtube there are tutorials on acv rinses it and its nothing but people with our hair texture. Its natural as well. It condition the scalp and rids build up. My sis dyed her hair jet black, she had problems with dandruff and dull looking hair. I did an acv treatment on her anf she loved it and actually bought a gallon for herself! So give it a try before your so quick to believe your pops

Sekhmet Senge Dong-ma said:
I just came from the store. I have all the ingredients that I'm going to use for my hair. My dad told me not to mix baking soda with vinegar in anyway or i will have some kind of explosion. He did a science experiment with that in school and thats what happened.And he also said he heard that vinegar doesn't work for black people's hair only white people( my step dad is white, never even had dreads or made an attempt to try to grow them)So I'm also looking for something else to moisturize my scalp, right now..just in case it doesn't work. soaringeagle said:
well some methods are definastely more damaging but wont affect growth really however, dreads shrink b4 growing.
when u go natural the growth/shrinkage rates result in a less drastic change ..some initial shrinkage as it starts to lock thenj a period of near zero growth as the growth and shrinkage cancle eachother out

backcombing ya loose a lot right away, 1/2 or more of the lengthy..then it shrinks more and more till it finaly starts to grow

twist and rip ya dont loose nearly as much length right away but u loose some then it shrinks some more b4 it grows

if u start natural short though so it dreads as it grows u dont really loose much at all to shrinkage just have a year of slow growth b4 iy speeds up

comb coils and twisting (single orr double) id guess would be closest to twist and rip some shortening but not as dreastic as backcomb..

mine started naturaly pretty short i neverr noticed shrinkage but had funny lil dreadies for months at least b4 they started to grow..once they started growing they grew fast
FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
Wow!! Really? Thats cool Well...Don't knock it before-- I understand. I was going to try it anyways. In fact, i'm taking my braids out as we speak.. Oh yeah..I' not going to use the kool aid on my hair, taking your advice. I'm gong to try a different approach.. Your right. My hair is jet black also. Its original color is brown. I dyed it almost a year ago, I thought the color wears off after 6 months.. But i guess, it was a really good dye. Plus i want the color for my hair to be permanent..I mean i might have to redo it every once in awhile. But If I use koolaid. I would have to do it ALOT until my hair changes color. A friend told me that. tha tron said:
No your dad is wrong! Go to youtube there are tutorials on acv rinses it and its nothing but people with our hair texture. Its natural as well. It condition the scalp and rids build up. My sis dyed her hair jet black, she had problems with dandruff and dull looking hair. I did an acv treatment on her anf she loved it and actually bought a gallon for herself! So give it a try before your so quick to believe your pops

Sekhmet Senge Dong-ma said:
I just came from the store. I have all the ingredients that I'm going to use for my hair. My dad told me not to mix baking soda with vinegar in anyway or i will have some kind of explosion. He did a science experiment with that in school and thats what happened. And he also said he heard that vinegar doesn't work for black people's hair only white people( my step dad is white, never even had dreads or made an attempt to try to grow them)

So I'm also looking for something else to moisturize my scalp, right now..just in case it doesn't work.

soaringeagle said:

FoxyFresh
@foxyfresh
15 years ago
105 posts
LMAO!!! He was like be careful your going to have a big EXPLOSION in the bathroom.. Don't be calling me to come help you clean it up.. Sounds like something fun to do if your bored, or want to kill some time. I still have a little kid trapped inside of me, LOL. Anubis said:
lol, I want to try that now. A dready foam volcano. =D

soaringeagle said:

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form