Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Weekly update

Undead...
@undead
12 years ago
7 posts

What's up nasty folks? It's time for my 1st weekly update. Been busy week work and working out, so I haven't been on in over a week. I washed my hair/dreads one week ago (Wednesday). The people that I have spoke to on this site including SE, know that I used wax. I'm about 6weeks in now. I havent used wax about three weeks now. I used my own shampoo/wash mix last week. BS, Dr. Bronners, Sea Salt, and warm water. Let my dreads soak for abou 10 mins in the shower and rinsed out everything. Like most I got my hair done with wax, think it was the right thing to do. WRONG. I found this site and woke up. So, why havent I washed out and restarted? I think my hair is locking up just fine. And since I've found this site, I wanna help people and let them know not to use wax! Sorry a little side tracked there. So after I washed last week I saw a lot of wax residue just come out of my hair. AMAZING. I have any where from 6-9 dreads without wax, doing there own thing. I'm doing my weekly wash today and I might post some result pics later on. Sam and SE thought I should make a post for the people that used wax, so thats what I'm doing. I know using the BS mix that I'm using is going to work, like I said the 1st wash had amazing results. My dreads aren't sticky anymore. and smell wonderful.

PS -- For the people who got there hair done in a salon with wax and backcombing.

Most of us (probably all of us) If they told you not to wash your hair for 2 WHOLE MONTHS, you need to WASH WASH WASH. My hair wasn't locking up after 2 weeks! So i washed and they started tightening up! Your hair needs to be dry and clean to lock up. After 2 weeks my baby dreads were oily and falling apart. Thats why i started to wash and do more research. Thats when I found this site. Thanks SE. You gave me some great tips. I will try to update as much as I can. Working on washing ALL of this wax out, one dread at a time. Also I stopped palm rolling. Dreads are natural. Let them be frizzy. Don't worry what other people think about your frizzy hair. If you want to have pretty/styling dreads, by some beads to deco! I did! I bought a Bob Marley bead, and waiting for my second handmade bead to come in the mail. Plus I heard they help with locking.

Well have a great dreadful day guys&gals! I'm off to eat and wash.

-Undead x]

updated by @undead: 01/13/15 09:21:33PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

id recomend getting the wax remover from www.dreadlockshampoo.com the acv will remove some but your probly going to still have a good bit in them though being young and loose it comes out easier

its just that it can surprise you and years after you think its gone u find theres still alot in em

the wax remover should get it all out easily

and when they are clean and free of wax they just lock up

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Thanks for the post, it can really help a lot of people with similar experiences. I did the backcombing with wax too, but not in a salon, and I decided not to start over (even though I found this site only like 12 hours later). I'm not worried that there's still wax in mine though, cos I see and feel them dreading as they should be. So it might take a while, but you'll get the wax out and have them all dread up soon enough :) keep us updated.

Undead...
@undead
12 years ago
7 posts

I'' probably end up getting the wax remover some time soon. They are still young, and I saw some much wax come out. This is how bad it was, the drain clogged up man! I had to plunge for like 30 mins a few mornings after. So Wax isn't good for your hair but also your drain in the bath tub and then that can do some damage to pipes AND maybe some other important things in the world!

Undead...
@undead
12 years ago
7 posts

I sure will try to update as much as I can! I'm glad yours are coming out well!

Tara C said:

Thanks for the post, it can really help a lot of people with similar experiences. I did the backcombing with wax too, but not in a salon, and I decided not to start over (even though I found this site only like 12 hours later). I'm not worried that there's still wax in mine though, cos I see and feel them dreading as they should be. So it might take a while, but you'll get the wax out and have them all dread up soon enough :) keep us updated.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form